Axiom Home Page
Posted By: drunkonjack Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/21/04 12:48 PM
Hi I wanted to introduce myself and Hope that you will welcome me to your forum. I do believe we have some things in common as I enjoy great sounding audio and like to get involved with audio discussions . I am not an Axiom owner but have heard only great things about them. Maybe someday I will have the oppertunity to hear them . I will tell you that I'm an Onix Rocket owner just so that you know. I have already been placed on double secret probation and plan on being a good forum member.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/21/04 01:04 PM
double secret probation.. funny..

there are several folks on this site that dont own any axioms, so you are not alone. and there are several on here that own and like rockets just fine. so its all good.

glad you decided to come join in our conversations, and your audio experience and input are more than welcome here.

bigjohn
Posted By: littleb Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/21/04 01:22 PM
There r Rocket owners who frequent this forum? I don't believe it.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/21/04 01:36 PM
i cant think of their names right off hand, but i know there are a few.

i knew someone was gonna put me on the snide like this.

bigjohn
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/21/04 01:39 PM
HAH! And I'm the one who put him on double secret probation.

I have a confession to make. For a long time I've lurked over at the av123 forum. You can learn a lot at other forums. But, about a month, or so, ago, the opportunity to introduce myself arose, and I took it.

Craigsub, he's "BigCigar" over there (why does that moniker make me think of Bill Clinton? ) had a thread going and I wanted to make a comment, so I signed up, made my intoduction, explained that I wasn't there to buy rockets or sell Axioms, but to learn and, if possible, help. I didn't want to just sneak in. And, much to my pleasant surprise, most everyone has been very gracious to me. I must admit it took some courage, so I know what DOJ (short for drunkonjack) is feeling right now. Be brave, DOJ. (LOL! He said that now he knows how he'd feel if he cheated on his wife )

As I just admitted to DOJ in a PM, though my primary purpose in posting at av123 was to learn, in the back of my mind, and in my heart of hearts, it was my hope that the two forums could, if not become friends, and least become friendly. We have a lot more in common than not; good companies with good customer service and good products; a love of good music/movies, and a love of good equipment to reproduce them. So, as you can imagine, I'm overjoyed that DOJ has screwed up his courage, and taken the plunge. I want to assure you that I'm just as surprised to find him here as you are. I'm not suggesting we all whip out our guitars and start singing "kumbaya," or "It's A Small World After All." But, there's no reason we can't get along, and if necessary, agree to disagree.

Like our forum, there are a large number of good folks, a few irrascible ones, and the occasional newbie idiot (or not-so-newbie idoit, as the case may be). DOJ happens to be one of the good folks, with a great sense of humor. On the whole they are a more civilized bunch than we are, and DOJ may not be used to our wild and wooly ways. So, for pity's sake, be gentle with the guy will ya? Treat him like you would want to be treated. Behave yourselves! Who knows? Peace might break out.

DOJ, If it's not beneath a "Jack" man, check out the beer thread. It's ONLY 42 pages long. I never knew there were so many different brands of beer. Sheesh!

Make nice, littleb, or I'll send you an explosive PM.

Posted By: Michael_A Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/21/04 01:42 PM
Hi drunk. Nice to meet you. What part of the world are you in? If you are in the Baltimore Washington metro area, you are welcome to stop by and check out my Axioms. I am sitting within 40 feet of an unopened bottle of Gentleman Jack, so you'de feel right at home. I have the same curiosity as you about the Rockets. I've never heard them, but I'd love to check them out someday.

Hmmmm... maybe a name change to buzzedonbeer??
Posted By: littleb Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/21/04 01:50 PM
Sorry, John, I just couldn't restrain myself.
Posted By: craigsub Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/21/04 02:00 PM
littleb... I own Axioms, Ascends, AND Rockets.. and love them all. Give me a pair of M-22's, ELT-CSE's, or 170's and a good subwoofer over Totem Hawks, Paradigm 100 V.3, PSB Stratus Goldi, and anything from Energy any day...

And yes, I have spent many hours listening to them all... These 3 internet direct companies are fantastic values...
Posted By: drunkonjack Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/21/04 09:53 PM
I live in Clinton Iowa . Its that loely looking area that when you are flying from one spot to another you fly right over. Nothing to exciting happens here . This is another reason I enjoy audio so much . I know craigsub we have done some things together and made I think $12.00 on the venture just can't remember what it was.
Posted By: drunkonjack Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/21/04 09:57 PM
Thanks for the kind words Ajax . As he has stated We have more in common than not and We can share some views on things and have fun in the same time. Thanks for all your welcomes so far. I will answer any of your questions if you have any.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/21/04 11:08 PM
In reply to:

I know craigsub we have done some things together and made I think $12.00 on the venture just can't remember what it was.

Oh I think this is one story I'd like to hear. You clipped him for $12?
Posted By: craigsub Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/21/04 11:16 PM
DOJ... You did not actually get any money.. but there is a 1.75 Liter bottle of Jack here waiting for you. Stop by anytime !
Posted By: drunkonjack Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/22/04 11:57 AM
Thanks Craigsub . I hope to make it out that way some time in the next 2 weeks to maybe 6 years just don't know when.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/22/04 12:05 PM
DOJ. Ask him if it's green label or black label. If you make it to Craig's talk him into the two of you swinging down to Cleveland.
Posted By: drunkonjack Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/22/04 12:28 PM
That sounds good . I think he gave me permission to drive the Vette. Never had the green label only black . Going to try the Gentlemans Jack some time.
Posted By: drunkonjack Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/24/04 11:32 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes . If anyone lives close I'd like to listen to your Axioms sometime .
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/24/04 11:43 PM
DOJ,

Here is the Auditioning Axioms in Your Area thread. There is one fellow listed in West Des Moines, but I have no idea if that's close to you, and I haven't seen that particular person posting at all. If you are brave, you should peruse the entire thread to see if anyone near you has added their name after the list was compiled. Good luck.
Posted By: ghostwheel Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/25/04 04:03 PM
I'm another Rocket/Axiom owner, also happy with everything I have. That's the real secret of these two companies- their differences are less significant than their similarities: Great companies, great value, great sound!

DOJ is a hoot over on the av123 forum (I'm arzach over there, my screen names tend to come from whatever I'm reading at the time I sign up) I'm sure his particular brand of insanity will be a welcome addition over here, too.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack - 08/25/04 04:10 PM
Oh sure. You had to pick two completely different names didn't you. I'm an OLD guy. I can barely remember MY name, let alone two of yours.

Let's see ghostwheel at av123 is azkaban at Axiom. NO NO, Alaskan at Axiom is wheelwright at............Oh the he11 with it!!!!!!!

Glad to have you both aboard.
© Axiom Message Boards