Axiom Home Page
Posted By: skillet2extreme Mixing surround speakers - 08/22/04 02:28 AM
Question. I have Sony speakers which Im happy with, but the axiom Q8s I really want as my surrounds. Will this work, I mean will he soundstage be blended? The fronts will all be matched, but really how important is it for your surrounds to be matched to your fronts?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Mixing surround speakers - 08/22/04 02:43 AM
Well, this is just my opinion. If possible, it's preferred to have them all matched. But, I don't believe it's critical to have the surrounds perfectly matched to the fronts and center. I know of several people who use the QS8s for side surrounds with fronts, center, and rear surrounds from other manufacturers. No problem. I think you'd be pleased with the QS8s for your surrounds. They do a great job.
Posted By: drunkonjack Re: Mixing surround speakers - 08/22/04 01:05 PM
I think you would be better off upgrading you mains . You will be amazed at the difference a good speaker will make over the Sonys. Try to find someone to let you listen to some speakers and see for yourself .
Posted By: izub Re: Mixing surround speakers - 08/23/04 08:20 AM
I currently have 60's in front the 150 center 2 qs8 sides and temporarily I am using 2 little polk monitors in the back (Old BIC sub ...functional for now). I am demoing a Yamaha 5790. I rented Master and Commander and played it in THX EX(7 speaker) and THX (5 speaker) Hard to tell the difference! The QS8's are so awespome that there are ship groans and noises behind me and the qs8 are mounted 90 degrees to the side! Makes me wanna get 2 more for the rear! Again these speakers are incredible .I will next demo the Denon 3805 and maybe the Pionbeer Elite 56TX (brand new on the market) Must have Dolby IIX The best DSP going. It will be interesting to hear even better receivers with these speakers!
© Axiom Message Boards