Axiom Home Page
Im looking at a lower end Denon 2105, which gives a solid 90 watts per channel. I don't believe 10 more watts is going to make a huge difference, at least not a big enough one for me to waste money on. Could this 90 watts take care of my needs with axiom towers?
Posted By: JohnK Re: How much does the watts affect loudness? - 08/23/04 05:09 AM
Jason, the difference in power between 90 and 100 watts is all of 0.46dB(e.g.110 or 110.46 dB on a brief peak). Speakers such as the Axiom towers use about 1 or 2 watts at a comfortably loud average listening level. A split-second extreme peak could use 100 watts or more. Get a receiver with the features that you want at a price that you can afford and don't pay much attention to power ratings. The 2105 should be fine and isn't "lower end" except in price.
Not that this is a determining factor, but the 2105 has Auto Setup with mic included, the 2805 has Auto Setup and Room Eq. I know some people really like these features and others say stay away...:) I kinda like the 2105 also...
© Axiom Message Boards