Axiom Home Page
Posted By: joninflorida subwoofer huuummmmm - 08/30/04 10:53 PM
My supernova 12" earthquake subs are suppose to shut off when no-signalis detected after 30 minutes or so, when the receiver (Yamaha RXV-1400) is on, but no source output, the subs go into stand-by, like they should, but if I shut the whole system down, the subs "greenlight" the entire time and have a hum, I am using a shielded sub-cable of decent quality, any suggestions??
Posted By: spiffnme Re: subwoofer huuummmmm - 08/30/04 11:00 PM
Have you tried a "cheater" plug on your power cable? I needed to use on with my Hsu.

Posted By: joninflorida Re: subwoofer huuummmmm - 08/30/04 11:07 PM
I don't know what you mean by a "cheater plug" I have a single (mono) sub out on the receiver cable, to the LFE connection on sub-1 with a y-connecter to sub-2 connected in the same configeration as sub-1.
Posted By: Wid Re: subwoofer huuummmmm - 08/30/04 11:15 PM
This is what Spiff is talking about.Also try disconnecting the cable or satilite reciever from the chain of equipment and see if the hum goes away.
Posted By: joninflorida Re: subwoofer huuummmmm - 08/30/04 11:32 PM
The plug on the amp is already a 3 prong grouned, looks to be #10 wire (pretty heavy duty) 110/220 swichable, and the outlet is gronded, rewired averything a few years back.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: subwoofer huuummmmm - 08/30/04 11:41 PM
I know...the cable on my Hsu is a 3 prong grounded plug as well. I need to use the "cheater plug" to convert it to a two prong plug. Don't know why...but it works.

Posted By: Wid Re: subwoofer huuummmmm - 08/30/04 11:49 PM
What the cheater plug does is float the ground.When using it don't ground the tab to the outlet.If you do you will still have a ground loop.Try disconnecting the cable or satilite reciever first and see if the hum goes away.
© Axiom Message Boards