Axiom Home Page
Posted By: audiofan high-end interconnect for SACD player? - 09/05/04 11:14 PM
hi,
I was just wondering whether you use high-end interconnect cable for SACD player, like the one from cobaltcable.com or just a regular one such as Dayton cable? Will i hear the diff.?

thanks.
Any decent cable from BlueJeans or Black Sand will sound as good as a $400.00 cable from one of the high end guy's. Cobalt wants $166.00 for a 1 meter length for 6 channels. I'm failry sure you can get the same from one of the above at a better price and the cables will be as good.
Posted By: audiofan Re: high-end interconnect for SACD player? - 09/05/04 11:27 PM
are they the same rank as cobaltcable ?

Rank? Not sure what you mean but if your asking are they as good, the answer is a hands down yes.
Posted By: Wid Re: high-end interconnect for SACD player? - 09/05/04 11:42 PM
Axiom makes some nice cables too,as do Outlaw audio.
True but I don't see SACD on either site. Axioms or Outlaws? I see it on Blue Jeans and I know Black Sand does it as I have them.
Posted By: Wid Re: high-end interconnect for SACD player? - 09/06/04 12:09 AM
I see what your talking about now.The one from Blue Jean looks pretty good and the price is pretty fair.
Posted By: curtis Re: high-end interconnect for SACD player? - 09/06/04 12:37 AM
All my interconnects are from BlueJeans....very happy with them. No problems. prompt shipping.
Posted By: JohnK Re: high-end interconnect for SACD player? - 09/06/04 06:14 AM
AF, hopefully you wouldn't hear the difference, because there isn't any. The only "rank" that counts for this item is a ranking by price. The six interconnects for SACD don't have any special technical requirements; this is simply carrying analog information over the short distance between a player and a receiver, which is a trivial function. The Dayton cables and others mentioned above would of course be fine, but you don't have to pay that much if you don't want to; three of the common stereo RCA connecting cables would do the job for maybe a couple of dollars each.
Posted By: dakkon Re: high-end interconnect for SACD player? - 09/06/04 04:05 PM
axiom makes SACD interconnects...

but you have to know where to find them...

you go to the

axiom home page > store > cables and interconnects > dvd audio

bottom right hand side of the page.

they are $139 for 3ft and $144 for 6 ft.

hope this helps

Posted By: Wid Re: high-end interconnect for SACD player? - 09/06/04 06:58 PM
Here is a shortcut for the Axiom SACD cables.
Posted By: dakkon Re: high-end interconnect for SACD player? - 09/06/04 09:08 PM
now, why the heck, didnt i think of that... grrr...
Posted By: Wid Re: high-end interconnect for SACD player? - 09/06/04 09:12 PM
You just did .
Don't you remember? :-)
Posted By: Wid Re: high-end interconnect for SACD player? - 09/06/04 09:38 PM
Say what??????
Just being stupid. I'm bored!
Posted By: audiofan Re: high-end interconnect for SACD player? - 09/07/04 02:40 AM
thanks all. If there is no difference between them, then i think i can get Accoustic Research cables at Bestbuy . These cables look nice and good.
© Axiom Message Boards