Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Hawkson101 How to install Qs8s? - 09/06/04 11:52 PM
Has anyone installed QS8s into fairly weak dry wall? Half the speaker will be anchored into a stud, but the other half will just be in the drywall.

Has anyone had their QS8s fall out of the wall?

Posted By: TarronBomb Re: How to install Qs8s? - 09/07/04 12:32 AM
My install was the exact same, one side lined up with the stud, the other side was simple wood paneling. Make sure you get molly bolts(sometimes called toggle bolts) or hollow wood anchors to mount your speakers. These are sort of V shaped anchors that you put inside the wall to spread the weight of the speaker across a broader surface of the wall. They should do the trick just fine.
Posted By: davecircle Re: How to install Qs8s? - 09/07/04 02:43 AM
i did what tarronbomb did with my QS4s. one side was in a stud and the other was in sheetrock. granted, the 4s weigh half what the 8s do, but as long as one screw is in a stud and the other is anchored as described, you shouldn't have any problems.

dave
Posted By: ringmir Re: How to install Qs8s? - 09/07/04 12:39 PM
Try to mount a wood panel (Just a piece of plywood or something) into the stud (centered) and then hang the QS8 from the wood. They are heavy, and I wouldn't trust them to weak drywall.
Posted By: Bilbo_Baggins Re: How to install Qs8s? - 09/08/04 12:04 AM
all you need is the center bar of the T bracket hitting stud. the side bars are fine with dry wall style mounting devices... I like the ones you just hammer in and then screw to lock in. This has worked on all 4 of my QS8's. (I'm sorry, this is the only place I can brag about my QS8s that anyone will even understand!)

Good luck.

© Axiom Message Boards