Axiom Home Page
I am upgrading my HT system, and already got M60's and VP100. Now, I am thinking about subwoofer. Before I make decision to go with STF-2, I read a lot of positive review about UFW-10 recently. Since both of them are 10" sub and down to 25Hz, I suppose UFW-10 put more cost on its wood box. my question is: if it's worth spending extra $200 for
UFW-10? My room is 18x10, 50% for music and 50% for movie. Thanks a lot!
i have never heard either sub, but i know the STF-2 gets more thumbs up than a quentan tarantino movie. and if its $200 bucks less, seems like a no brainer to me!!

bigjohn
I like quentan tarantino's movie. Kill Bill is one of my favoriates. I can watch it over and over again.
Hey, Hey!! i am thumbs up to..

i would have to put 'reservoir dogs' as my fav..

bigjohn
If you're willing to spend an extra 200, then you could get a STF-3. Food for thought...

http://www.hsustore.com/stf3.html
You know, Ive owned my Def Tech sub for 5 years now and love it. So, I will have to put a vote down for the new Def Tech Reference subwoofer...but, $1700 might scare ya away....That is my goal sub to go along with my very near in the future Axiom HT
I am building my HT set-up now and was having a hard time deciding between the HSU os SVS subs so I called Axiom and the technician who I spoke with told me that they had tested both brands and the SVS was better sounding than the HSU. I wholeheartedly trust the info I get from the Axiom folks because they honestly want to help you get the best sound and deal for your $$ even if it costs them sales.
Therefore I'm going with the SVS PB1-ISD ($651.25 shipped to my door)
Thanks again Axiom
Mac

I feel more like I do now than when I got here! :-)

© Axiom Message Boards