Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 500 Adcom Amp and cables - 09/14/04 12:13 AM
I just a killer deal on a brand new Adcom GFA-7605 125w x 5. What type/quality interconnects should i be using to connect this amp to my Onkyo receiver. - jay
Posted By: rambilt Re: Adcom Amp and cables - 09/14/04 02:40 PM
I'm using cobalt interconnects.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Adcom Amp and cables - 09/14/04 03:52 PM
The best cables I've found for a fair price came from Blue Jeans.

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Adcom Amp and cables - 09/14/04 04:01 PM
Fusion connectors at 'rat shack' are real good quality and very affordable.

bigjohn
Posted By: Ajax Re: Adcom Amp and cables - 09/14/04 04:20 PM
I use Dayton Cables from Parts Express. There are other brands offered here, from the ridiculously priced (Soundstring, Monster), to real cheapies (RCA). But the Daytons are good cables at a reasonable price. You might also check out the "Phoenix Gold" line of cables. I have no experience with them, but they look interesting, and seem to be reasonably priced also.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Adcom Amp and cables - 09/15/04 12:10 AM
Jay, all that's going to be happening is the transmission of analog signals over a distance of probably 2-3'. Technologically this is a trivial matter. Any cables with RCA plugs on each end will serve the purpose and transmission will be flawless regardless of how much or how little is spent. Length may be the most important factor to consider; allow enough to easily reach(too short cables have a drastic effect on sound quality), but don't go overboard on the length so that the wire mess behind the equipment can be minimized.
© Axiom Message Boards