Axiom Home Page
I had a guy come by for a demo a couple weeks ago of my Axiom setup and he ask if I had the M60's on the spikes. I looked at him funny as I didn't know what he was talking about and he explained they should have came with spikes and/or rubber feet for them to rest on and showed me the holes on the underside.

I unfortunately had already thrown away the boxes for all my Axiom's (they definitely AREN'T leaving my house) so I couldn't check to see if I had overlooked them in the packaging.

I emailed Amie at Axiom and she graciously sent out the spikes/feet package for my M60's. You got to love that after sale support from these people!

My living room is carpeted and was wondering what everyone else is using under their fronts?

Are the rubber feet geared more towards hardwood floors and the spikes for carpeted floors?

Thanks for any input you all have..

Rick

BTW the guy that came for the demo was sold on the Axiom's and plans on ordering his set in the near future. He emailed me later in the week and complained about his jaw muscles aching from smiling so much during his visit. (I warned him before he came that would happen but he was willing to suffer through it...LOL)
In reply to:

Are the rubber feet geared more towards hardwood floors and the spikes for carpeted floors?

Exactly, the spikes go through the carpet fibres to give a stable base against the floor, you can use them on flooring too, but the SAF on scratching up hardwoods with spikes is very low, so... rubber feet.

Bren R.
Hey Rick,

You've nailed the intent - rubber feet for floors, spikes for carpet. I am using the spikes, and like not only the fact that the spikes "couple" the speakers to the mass of the floor, but also that nobody else in the house can slide them out of position There is probably some sonic advantage, but I don't know if I could hear it. Be pretty sure where you want them before you put the spikes in, because you have to be thoughtful and deliberate about tweaking the placement after that.

I think Axiom might send you a modest Thank You gift for successfully closing the deal on a new sale if they can verify the particulars.
I had my M80's on spikes over the carpet and then without. I did it and I kid you not a dozen times and heard squat for difference. Proximity to the back wall however made a huge difference.

My mains now sit on the carpet without the spikes.

In reply to:

I think Axiom might send you a modest Thank You gift for successfully closing the deal on a new sale if they can verify the particulars.

I told Amie the same thing I posted here and she asked me for his name so she could "credit my account" when he bought, whatever that means.

I am just tickled to death to show off my setup to anybody that comes by. I hate to feel like I am bragging about it all but da*n they just sound so good and I can't help it!

Thanks guys..spikes it will be and will keep the rubber feet for future use should I need to change them out..

Rick
I think you get $20 off your next Axiom purchase - so that EP600 will only be $1680.
I believe it's 5% of their purchase?

Bren R.
Yes. 5%. It's a commission, baby!

Hmmm, so what happens if somone goes to two Axiom owner's houses to audition and end up buying? Who gets the commission?
That was my question...
"Yes. 5%. It's a commission, baby!"

Cool- so all I have to do is give 20 demos? Man, this will be the best pyramid scheme I've EVER been in!

In reply to:

Hmmm, so what happens if somone goes to two Axiom owner's houses to audition and end up buying? Who gets the commission?

I can tell you how it worked when I was a high school kid working at Foot Locker. If two people help with a sale, the person that greeted the buyer first got credit for it.
So were you guys climbing all over each other trying to be the first ones to greet shoppers?

"Dammit, I said hi first!"
"Did not!"
"Did so!"

Why do you think everyone is so nice on this board ?

Just kidding, I had never heard of this before.

JB
© Axiom Message Boards