Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Lexxen Any one here live in an appartment? - 10/15/04 08:27 PM
When I order my speaker set in early November I will be living in an appartment. I currently live in a townhouse and the crappy 10w sub from my computer speakers keeps everyone up all night when I play games on it. My question is if there is a good way to stop my future appartmentmates from complaining when I want to watch a movie really loud after "quiet time". I do not think that bribes will work, as I will be spending most of my money on the HT setup. Anyone tried removing people's ears in their sleep?

DISCLAIMER: this post is a JOKE. I do not condone the removing of ears or living in appartments. Any relation to real-world events or people in this post or any posts to follow are purely co-incidental.
Posted By: KCSkins Re: Any one here live in an appartment? - 10/15/04 08:52 PM
Well, you could do what I did, which is move into a place right next door to a firestation. The noise from the sirens and air horn is enough to make music seeping through the walls seem like a pleasant welcome. That air horn is probably the worst thing I have ever heard. Why they insist on leaning on it for 20 seconds at a time is beyond me.

And with that said, I've never had one complaint at all from my neighbors. And I do play my music and movies loud on occasion. Mostly at night, of course.

-Kevin
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Any one here live in an appartment? - 10/15/04 08:57 PM
if you are that worried, buy a house and move out.

bigjohn

Posted By: Lexxen Re: Any one here live in an appartment? - 10/15/04 09:00 PM
excellent news. I live in Canada where people are supposed to be very friendly (lord knows I'M not, but I was probably abducted by sasquatches at birth...) so I should have absolutely NO problem with complainers. (plus the appartment is a corner one...3rd floor, though...).

On the other hand, I know some girls who live right above their landlady and she often complains when they drop textbooks on the floor at 2:00 in the afternoon... luckily my landlord will be a heartless company that does not live on sight...

also, I WISH I could afford a house...but when you are living mostly off of student loans it's rather hard to pay a mortgage...especially when all of your disposable income goes to paying for Gasoline and your new-found obsession with ht
Posted By: rad_sci_guy Re: Any one here live in an appartment? - 10/18/04 02:00 AM
I live in condo and I purchased the epic home midi, mostly because of space constraints. I blast the speakers loud enough to enjoy the movie but not any louder and I haven't been complained at yet. My unit is adjacent to the condo's workout room where I constantly hear people dropping the free weights on the floor so I could use that as an excuse if people come a knocking on my door complaining. It's louder than some of the thundering effects on the DVD's I play.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Any one here live in an appartment? - 10/18/04 06:40 PM
Look for an appartment that has concrete walls and floors. That helped a lot during my Uni years and even today. My buying constraint when looking for a place is if the units are separated by concrete rather than drywall.

© Axiom Message Boards