Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol What color are your Axioms? - 10/17/04 11:51 PM
I like the look of the Boston Cherry myself, but our trim in our house is an oak color, so my wife is not sure that the cherry would go well with our house. Of course, our basbement (where the speakers will be) is not finished yet, so I get that the trim would not HAVE to match the house.

Anyway, what color is popular around here, and what kind of trim is in your house? Do they look good together?

Thanks!
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/18/04 12:18 AM
My M60s are in Mansfield Beech with light gold grilles. I had Boston Cherry before (on 3 M2i's), but I didn't like that color at all. Way too dark and fake-looking for my tastes. Beech looks pretty realistic if you're more than 4 feet away from the speakers. I wish I would have seen a light maple speaker to compare, as that was the only other option I was considering, but I think that it would probably be too light.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/18/04 12:45 AM
My Axioms are Boston Cherry and they don't match the piece of furniture they are sitting on. My wife was bothered by it at first, but she doesn't care any more.

Posted By: denver Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/18/04 12:57 AM
Mansfield Beech

some photos
Posted By: Ken.C Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/18/04 01:02 AM
Vermont Maple M50s, Mansfield Beech QS4s. Black grills on all.
Posted By: Wid Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/18/04 01:57 AM
Boston Cherry M80s with black grills.
Posted By: bray Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/18/04 02:39 AM
Mansfield Beech

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/18/04 02:41 AM
You know, Denver, I ordered my system with black grills, but seeing yours with the gold grills really makes me wonder if I made the right choice!

If there's one thing I wish Axiom would improve, I think it would greatly benefit them to have a good size photo of each and every speaker with each finish, with and without their grills of each color. Other websites (such as car manufacturers for example) let you click on different options and see the results.

I don't know much about the web-end of things (though I don't think it's too complicated), but I would have done the photography for them for "store credit"!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/18/04 02:43 AM
Whew!....
Just in time, Bray posted a shot with black grills to restore my confidence!
Posted By: Ajax Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/18/04 02:45 AM
Brady,

I remember when you posted pics with different grille cloths, asking which color we thought was right. I DEFINITELY think the black grilles were the right choice for your setup. They REALLY look good.
Posted By: bray Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/18/04 02:45 AM
Mark
"Photos for store credit."
Me too
Posted By: bray Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/18/04 02:58 AM
Thanks Jack.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/19/04 02:38 PM
Since pictures are always good and others are posting pics of thier colors...
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/19/04 03:52 PM
I went with Boston Cherry for the front three, and the maple for the rear two. Black grills on the front three, white grills on the QS9s... I've been meaning to post some pics. Maybe I'll put that on my list of things to do this week...

Posted By: Daphoid Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/19/04 07:41 PM
Charcoal Smoke all around. I'll save the pics to save Big John making a crack about it

- D
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/19/04 08:07 PM
Comeon... Post em please! I was curious about that color!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/19/04 08:15 PM
POST 'EM!!!!!

actually, there is some other guy posting about the FMB's.. so show him yours also..

bigjohn
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/20/04 05:53 AM
Cinnamon Beech M60Ti's with black grilles.
The walls are philadelphia cream (Benjamin Moore paint) with oatmeal colored carpet, white base boards and crown moldings. Looks mighty fine!
Cheers,
Shaun
Posted By: Daphoid Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/20/04 06:33 AM

... these two are posted cause they show the color a little cooler (I used a really warm light with the other pictures)

hehe, it also shows you the ANCIENT stuff I upgraded from

- D
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: What color are your Axioms? - 10/20/04 11:20 AM
Wow! That is a VERY nice color! All you need is a bigger TV .
© Axiom Message Boards