Axiom Home Page
Posted By: powerfreak Took the plunge - 10/18/04 09:41 PM
They have been ordered.... M60ti, VP150, QS8 (QSS stands) all in black oak...going into my new apt next Tuesday. Pioneer VSX-1014TX and Panamax 5100 to complete the revamped HT...now just to get rid of my old speakers and receiver (Klipsch Quintet and Sony 835)...pics to come
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Took the plunge - 10/18/04 10:15 PM
Congrats! Be sure to post your thoughts (and pictures) when they arrive!

Posted By: RickCathey Re: Took the plunge - 10/19/04 01:54 AM
powerfreak..

Congrats on the purchase. That's the same set that I have. One word of caution though before they all show up...Practice excercising your jaw muscles by opening and closing to get those muscles in shape. Otherwise without proper conditioning you will suffer from your jaw aching due to the big smile that will appear everytime that you turn your Axiom's on.

Like spiffnme said don't forget to post the pics!

Rick
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Took the plunge - 10/19/04 02:10 AM
kinda sucks you are gonna have that rippin system in an apartment.. .. make sure you sweet talk the neighbors so you dont get no complaints to the landlord..

bigjohn
Posted By: powerfreak Re: Took the plunge - 10/20/04 02:00 PM
Right now, my current system, which sounds pretty damn good to me, is on the third floor. I have demo apt under me and every now and then (when I dont know its occupied for the weekend) I get them knockin on my door at 10pm. This time, Im on the first floor...but I will have to meet my neighbors just in case
Posted By: powerfreak Upgraditis - 10/20/04 07:46 PM
I also sold my Job2 Samsung DVD-931 with DVI and just ordered the new Denon 1910 with DVI....getting great reviews...nice upgrade for 50 bucks
Posted By: powerfreak Re: Took the plunge - 10/20/04 11:00 PM
The new setup will be...(all in transit)

Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K
Denon DVD-1910
Axiom M60ti
Axiom VP150
Axiom QS8
Definitive Tech PF15
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Took the plunge - 10/21/04 02:57 AM
Congrats man, it will be hard to get the smile off your face once you listen to that combination. You will be amazed...

My next purchase will be one of the DVD players with upconversion as you have mentioned, combined with my Sanyo Z2 projector it will rock....

later

Posted By: powerfreak FEDEX!!! - 10/21/04 07:19 PM
Damn, FAST. I just had to run home to meet the FEDEX girl! All my boxes were in great shape besides one of the mains. Puncture on the very front that slight pierced the second box. Visual inspection through the box did not reveal any damage...closer look tonight after work. Talk about being pumped!!!!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: FEDEX!!! - 10/21/04 07:22 PM
i got $10 bucks says you call in sick to work tomorrow, or at least take a half day off..

mine came in on a thursday, and i took half-day on friday..

bigjohn
Posted By: powerfreak Re: FEDEX!!! - 10/22/04 02:01 PM
Guess who is at work and guess what speakers are still in their boxes :-( I should of took that bet...
Posted By: lomb7 Re: FEDEX!!! - 10/22/04 03:16 PM
I think that you need to have a serious look at your goals. Work...nice...Axioms.....great. To leave those poor things at home, locked up in a box all day is just not right. If you have kids would you leave them home unattended or in a box!!!! Wake up man...the flu season is at hand and I think you are coming down with something. Cough...cough..sniff..sniff. Poor little devils, sitting all alone at home, wishing someone would hook them up. You know, most people are at work so if you go home early you could crank the sound and no one would come knocking at your door. Think it though!
Posted By: powerfreak Re: FEDEX!!! - 10/22/04 03:33 PM
yes, i know, problem is...i dont work, i dont get paid....period...no sick days
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: FEDEX!!! - 10/22/04 03:36 PM
Is there a sadder sound than a lonely Axiom crying in it's box? "I just want to be loved" they plead.....
Posted By: lomb7 Re: FEDEX!!! - 10/22/04 03:44 PM
No there is not. I've seen film of the whole baby seal thing but nothing compares to Axioms in the box.
Posted By: powerfreak Re: FEDEX!!! - 10/22/04 03:57 PM
stop, im gonna cry, thinking about my new children trapped at home in little cages of cardboard box.....cruel
Posted By: lomb7 Re: FEDEX!!! - 10/22/04 04:08 PM
As you should have from the start. This is the type of things that people wake up screaming in the middle of the night from man!
Posted By: powerfreak Re: FEDEX!!! - 10/22/04 04:24 PM
Well, I would love to set them up but Im gonna wait for the new place. New place, new speakers, new DVD player, new Receiver....get rid of the bad taste from the old place.
Posted By: powerfreak Re: Took the plunge - 10/26/04 10:03 PM
Finally, in my new apt and they still sit in their boxes...ill be pulling them out and setting them up with the new Pioneer 1014...update soon
© Axiom Message Boards