Axiom Home Page
Posted By: WhatFurrer New House on the Way! - 10/21/04 09:21 PM
Well, it's a done deal...

Well, at least the papers have been signed...

Looks like the WhatFurrer family will be getting their own home.

I will have three rooms to play with: an 18 X 18 great room, a 19 X 14 game room and possibly a 22 X 13 combo living / dining room.

I informed Sarah that I would get a set of QS8's to go on the great room rear walls hopefully colored to match the wall color.

Due to the design of the room, I will only have room for 5.1, but, the M22's will find a new home in the game room (for the kids, ouch!) or the combo.

As the house has been contracted to build, we will not be able to move in until probably April of next year (but hey that gives us more time to save up for the downpayment ). And to that end, the SVS 20-39 PC+ may or may not be staying...at least in the great room...

Lots of time to think and plan...plan on having speaker wire installed ahead of time in the great room as it is vaulted.

If you are interested in the floorplan to see what I am up against, click here. The floorplan is the Pembrook.

House warming party at my place!...(in 6 months )

WhatFurrer
Posted By: bray Re: New House on the Way! - 10/21/04 09:29 PM
Congrats!!!!!
If your serious about the house warming party let me know. I could use a good excuse to get down to Austin.
Posted By: Ajax Re: New House on the Way! - 10/21/04 09:31 PM
Jeez Steve! That's just great! I'm very happy for you.

Hey! You still going to the Austin GTG this weekend? Be sure to give a full report on your impressions of equipment and people. Wish I could be there. Have a great time.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New House on the Way! - 10/21/04 09:33 PM
My wife has always wanted to go to Austin, and I'd love to check out the music scene and spend a minute at SRVs gravesite....

I'm marking my calendar for the housewarming!
Posted By: BrenR Re: New House on the Way! - 10/21/04 09:37 PM
Good stuff, WhatFurrer!

Now the "total cost of ownership" kicks in... add a speaker payment to the mortgage payment! *laughs*

Bren R.
Posted By: powerfreak Re: New House on the Way! - 10/21/04 09:38 PM
That is awesome, man. Congrats!

My speakers came in today. Im gonna hook up the fronts just to play them for a bit before I move. Im excited!

I would like to come to your house warming....sounds good!

Congrats again!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: New House on the Way! - 10/21/04 09:58 PM
Good for you Steve. Glad everything is rosy!
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: New House on the Way! - 10/21/04 10:09 PM
Yep, still planning on attending. Will have to box up my Axioms Friday night to take over for the "listening session" .

I will do my best to report what I hear (and see) as I am sure Curtis will as well...

Now if I can just get these butterflies in my stomach to settle down...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New House on the Way! - 10/21/04 10:14 PM
Wow! Beautiful! Congratulations. I love the floorplan.

Best wishes to your family for many happy years in your new home.

So, are you volunteering to lead the FAQ-building for "whole house audio"?
Posted By: James_T Re: New House on the Way! - 10/21/04 11:11 PM
Congratulations! Very nice.

jr
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: New House on the Way! - 10/21/04 11:29 PM
Not sure if I want to run that much wire...

But I am thinking about running an extra set for the back porch...that is provided I get the new reciever I want...

Zone 2 or 3 (powered) for the back yard would be great...

M3's under the eaves?

WhatFurrer
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: New House on the Way! - 10/22/04 12:32 AM
Congrats! It's the best experience and at the same time one of the more stressful moments I've been through. But at the end it's just gratifying knowing that it’s all over. I was in awe for 3 months (at the least).
Anyway have fun! That’s what matters.

Tom

Posted By: Wegiz Re: New House on the Way! - 10/22/04 12:38 AM
Yes, very nice floorplan. Congrats!
Posted By: Foghorn Re: New House on the Way! - 10/22/04 09:39 PM
"M3's under the eaves?"

I had that thought, too. I'll probably do it when my current outdoor speakers go bad (installed last month - purchased with a Circuit City gift card before I had the idea for M3s). So, you do it first and tell me how it works out. :-)
Posted By: rcvecc Re: New House on the Way! - 10/22/04 10:04 PM
house looks nice,what elevation are you going with? those front porches look nice.btw,you gotta at least prewire your first floor
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: New House on the Way! - 10/23/04 04:44 AM
The elevation we are going with is not shown...in fact, the sales rep had to look for it...it was what the model is...and my wife loved it...it is number 7. It has the arch above the entry with a porch across the front and down the side...partial wrap around porch.

Yep...I know about wiring. Have to discuss that with the electrician yet...hope I won't have problems with that...Planning on wiring for QS8's in the great room opposite the fireplace.

Looking forward to having a place of our own!

WhatFurrer
Posted By: bigjohn Re: New House on the Way! - 10/25/04 10:51 PM
congrats on the new house steve.. its a great looking floor plan, with plenty of room to move around.

hope the construction goes as scheduled, and the building process goes as smooth as possible.

where a bouts are you having it built? north or south? last time i went up north on 29, i coulndt believe how far austin has grown out there.. its kinda scary.

bigjohn
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: New House on the Way! - 10/26/04 02:56 PM
It is scheduled to be built off 3406 in north Round Rock...near one set of in-laws (wife's ex-husband's parents - daughter's grandparents)...

Already having some fun with the process...trying to keep as many of the oak trees on the lot...gotta have trees. Dogs need shade...as does Steve.

Have a meeting at the "decorator center" on Friday...picking out paint, tile, etc...

Looking forward to our own place.

WhatFurrer
Posted By: bigjohn Re: New House on the Way! - 10/26/04 03:03 PM
thats a very nice area.. have fun with the trees..

BTW- when picking colors.. stay away from any 'light' beige.. once its on the walls, and the sunlight hits it, it ends up looking pink.. trust me, save yourself the agony of having to repaint.

STAY AWAY FROM LIGHT OR PEACH TONED BEIGES!!!

thats my good deed for the day

bigjohn
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: New House on the Way! - 10/26/04 03:07 PM
Congrats on the new house! I hated the building process but love the end result.................................
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: New House on the Way! - 10/26/04 03:14 PM
Was in a spec house recently that "everything" was light beige...countertops, walls, carpet. I know what you are talking about...I felt like I was drowning in melted vanilla ice cream.

Black grained granite countertops with oak cabinets...with most of the house painted a medium-light brown...
I have pics of the model...I liked what I saw there...

I'll try to put up a few tonight when I get home.

Now...what color matches medium light brown in the custom Axiom colors? Planning on QS8's in the great room...

WhatFurrer
© Axiom Message Boards