Axiom Home Page
Posted By: atom Axioms are here! - 10/24/04 04:40 PM
I ordered my Axioms around June and asked that they not be shipped untill September because I am currently building a theater in my basement. Well the basement project kinda got off schedule and am just no putting up drywall. So Because of the mess of construction I haven't even opend up the boxes.
I got 2 m60's 1 vp 150 and 2 qs8's. I'm hoping to have the room ready by mid-November.
I thought I'd share since I know how many people count the days untill their Axioms arrive. I did to it just does'nt make sense to open them up know with so much else going on.

Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Axioms are here! - 10/24/04 04:42 PM
................those poor speakers. Sitting there all alone in yucky boxes just waiting to be let out!

Congrats on the new gear!
Posted By: MykeW Re: Axioms are here! - 10/24/04 05:05 PM
That's self control...

Jag
Posted By: Daphoid Re: Axioms are here! - 10/24/04 05:41 PM
Wow I bow down to your control sir!

I got mine, and couldn't even hook them up for about a week because I needed my dad's help mounting them and running wires (I'm visually impaired) but still, I took a M60 and the VP150 out of the box to look at them and then put them back inside!

Hell I had my Denon AVR-3805 three weeks before they got here, and I took it out and looked at it...god I love this stuff...

I *really* want my studiotech stand, even though it's pricey, it's so lovely.

- D
Posted By: joninflorida Re: Axioms are here! - 10/25/04 12:44 AM
Don't be as dumb as me. I remember totally enjoying the sound of my new 22's, playing some rock music, and almost everything else.. Hey, some Rush for the Canadian folks was rockin That night. playing with a few things, checking everything out.

The next morning, I am hearing this terrible rattlin sound out of the right speaker, I was playing some high/extended octave focals (yes classical) to wake me up, and some how thinking maybe I had over-driven my new speakers. I had some cold ones, but it was a peaceful, type of analisis. I am thinkin, these speakers must be a piece (P.O.S.) of $hit. How is that possible??? I turned it up, but not serious. Being so quick to wire em up and let it play I did not tighten the hex nut on the binding post very well, and it backed out, that little washer, and the gap caused by someone (me) that was in such a hurry will reverbirate pretty good. Oh well, take your time settin it up is the gist of it.
© Axiom Message Boards