Axiom Home Page
I hope Axiom does not lose their value concept, I know things go up, my 60s were just ordered, they would run me another 100 bucks according to the site info.
Unfortunately that is the cost of doing business. If they left their prices the same forever, they would soon be out of business as they couldn't keep up with the rising cost or production, and would leave no Axiom products for us to enjoy at all. I would rather see a price increase and a continuance of quality parts, then the same priced speakers with cheaper parts to offset the rising cost of doing business. JMTC
Is this a price increase for business reasons or is Axiom upgrading their speakers?

Just wondering....
I believe it is to offset the rising cost of doing business. I haven't heard any changes in the Axiom lineup. At least I hope not, I can't handle any more upgradeitis bugs for a while.
Still a bargain after the price increase. Nice of them to give us a heads-up instead of just springing it on us, isn't it?
Where did you learn about the price increase?

EDIT: Nevermind - I found it.
Yes, the increases vary from about 6-14%. It should be noted that although there were some increases in models which were changed(e.g. M2, QS4), basic prices are the same as they were at least three years ago. When I first found Axiom about three years ago the M22s which I ordered a few months later carried the same $400 list as they do now. So the 10% increase there doesn't do more than adjust for three(or more)years of increased costs.
The R&D costs behind the new subs couldn't have been cheap. Still too bad that prices had to go up.

The increase is still cheaper than what shipping would cost.They could have stopped free shipping.Cost of doing buissness I guess.
I think its likely due to the continual rise of the CND$ against the US$ and the expectation that it will continue to rise.

I expect the R&D costs would be reflected in the actual costs of the subs.

Its an unfortunate reality but one that most CND companies have to face. There's already talk of many job lay offs up here in B.C. in the logging industry by Christmas due to this very issue.

Jag
Where can I find the information? It may cause me to move ahead sooner than I expected.

Thanks.
Here's the link
Thank you.

It looks like I've to buy myself an early X'mas present. Looking forward to join the Axiom family
I agree with Jag. Strong Canadian $ is the likely reason. I've found an increase in US$ and UK$ but nothing for CAN$, which points to no increase in product cost, simply readjusting exchange rate.
Anyone know how this will effect the price of the Axioms in the outlet store? For instance does a pair of m80 that went for $990 at the outlet increase $140 like a brand new pair of m80s will?

the outlets are 10% off the regular price.. so, whatever the new price is, just take off 10%, and that should be the factory price.

bigjohn
However, the price changes don't appear to be in any discernible proportion to the changes in the exchange rates. From the beginning of 2003 the $Cdn went from about 0.64 $U.S to about 0.84 $U.S. and from 0.40 pound to 0.45 pound. The U.K. price increases shown for the M22 and M60 are in the area of 35%. Exchange rates don't appear to account for this. Of course, extensive changes were necessary for the U.K. models. While aluminum woofer cones were found to give excellent results in N. America, it appears that they had to be upgraded to "aluminium" for the U.K.
LOL, but of course! Aluminium is a far superior driver material than Aluminum and infact its when you use aluminium drivers that you really notice the improvement gained from $1000 platinum cables.

Jag

In reply to:

Still a bargain after the price increase. Nice of them to give us a heads-up instead of just springing it on us, isn't it?

Yes and yes, Twirly22!

I'm very thankful that Axiom alerted us to the upcoming price increases. Most companies would never provide that kind of information to their prospective customers.

I haven't been around this forum for the last three or four weeks, and I was unaware of the pending price increases until my Axiom buddy and pal Wid e-mailed me yesterday. THANK YOU for the heads-up, Wid!!! You rock, buddy!!!

As a direct result of Wid's e-mail, I decided to stop procrastinating and I ordered a pair of Boston Cherry M60ti's late this afternoon!!! I wanted to get them at the current price rather than next week's 12.5%-higher price.

I also want to point out that Wid has been very helpful to me with regard to the Axiom product line and specifically, the M60ti's. I first started chatting with him back in late August and he's always been eager to show me the ropes and answer my thousands of questions. Thank you again for all your help, Wid!!!

I placed my order with the Axiom Factory Outlet Store. Wid still swears that he can't find anything wrong with his B-stock M80ti's, and I've read similar comments from other Axiom Factory Outlet customers here in the forum. The lead time on my order is three weeks: I can certainly try to live with that!

I'm pumped!!! I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight!

Z,

You are Welcome.I'm sure you will love your new M60s.
Must be nice... Order your factory cherry M60's and only have 3 weeks to wait! I ordered my factory cherry M60s with matching VP150 and QS8s 3 weeks ago, and I need to wait 4 weeks yet. I am starting to wonder if it was worth saving $150ish... Not that my theater area is close to being finished in my basement, but that's not the point... I want to get these things and play around with them....
That price increase had me blowing the dust of my Visa card. 100.00 difference on the 60s, I was going to wait a month or so, it was just the push I needed. The wife and dog just can't eat for awhile, "they be fine". These paired up with the 22's have my curiosity running. Popped in that new Van Helsing DVD, some might not be a fan of that kinda stuff, If you are or not, the video, and audio are stunnning. See how it sounds Friday when my 60s arrive. Jon
Finally, I made my move and ordered factory outlet M60i, VP100 and QS4 in Light Maple Black Grille 10 minutes ago with John of Axiom over the phone. They are willing to bill me in US dollars though I'm in Toronto, Canada. If you notice, even with the conversion rate, it is cheaper to pay in US dollar than ordering in Canadian dollar (of course I've to pay 8% Provincial Tax and 7% Goods & Services Tax).

Thanks for your email. I think Axiom should give you some rewards to 'promote' the sale :-). I'm sure I'm not the only one to be influenced by your info.

Personlly, I thank you for your sharing which save me some bucks that I can look for a 'better' recevier in the coming months.

I didn't know the price increase because whenever I browse Axiom web site, I select Canada site which the price will keep unchanged.

In 4 weeks time, I'll be a 'true' member of Axiom's family.
No problem Romeo, glad to see you made your purchase. OK AXIOM, are you listening to what he said.......... "where aout thou" free EP-600 subwoofer!!!! OK I can't even spell Shakespere let alone receit it, but I am seriouse on the free 600 sub>>>>>>>>
I think it's pretty clear why Axiom kindly gave us the warning...look how many just on the boards who've gotten off their duffs and placed an order.

I guess the factory outlet price will increase too?
That is a given since it is based on a 10% off the full price ratio.
In reply to:

They are willing to bill me in US dollars though I'm in Toronto, Canada

They'll actually do that?!? If that's the case, then I'll be ordering soon.

Thanks for the info.
A friend of mine just ordered. He asked for the 5% discount for waiving the 30-day return right, and he was told that is no longer offered.
I think that discount was offered by one specific dealer, not Axiom themselves.
No, it once was available from Axiom.
Yes, they can do that. This my reason to buy now than in X'mas since the Canadian price won't change after Nov 14, 2004.

If you see the Canadian price, F.O. for M60 is $981 CAD and $720 USD. With current exchange rate, it works out around $870. It's still better than order in CAD.

Step up if you plan to buy soon. It's only 3 days left....I've no commission given by Axiom.
Awesome. I'll be ordering my M60's sometime today.
I ordered a pair of M22ti to go with my collection Tue. order soon.
that's alot of Axiom drivers my friend, just got my 60s (48 hour turn around thanks Axiom) They are all juiced up and playing wonderfully. I did not realize just how deep that cabinet is, the wife let me know, just how deep it is, told her to take a sit listen and enjoy.
Do you know they have a 5% discount if you order 5 pieces or more and ship to the same location? That what's Brent told me. See below reply from Brent.

The 5% discount is applied to quantity shipping (5 pieces or more). Axiom receives a break when bulk shipped to one destination and we pass it on. If ordering the 5 units the discount is automatically applied.

That is correct, you can mix the order to receive the 5% discount.

This means a pair of M60 is considered 2 pieces. If you order say 20 feet of bulk speaker wire, 2 pairs of banana plug (which is about 35 US dollars), this will add up to 5 peices and you can enjoy the 5% discount. This means you basically get the speakers wire and banana plug free.

Please check and remind them when you order. I think they are really busy lately because they encountered a lot of order (especially people like you and me trying to beat Nov 15 price increase). They forgot to give me 5% discount until I called them and they galdly credit 5% to my credit card.

Enjoy you shopping.
Just ordered my F.O. M60's over the phone. Will they send me an e-mail confirming my shipping address?
you will get an e-mail when the speakers are leaving the factory, and in route to you. it should have all the contact and shipping info on it.

but i dont think you will receive a separate e-mail just to verify your addr? if thats what you mean?

bigjohn
Yes, you do. I got the separate email when I phone ordered my M50s. It takes a little while to get.
consider me corrected

bigjohn
joninflordia,
Yes you might say I have a few Axioms, I love their Products and quility. With (4) M80ti (4) QS8 (1) Vp150 (2) M3ti and now (2) M22ti on order.
OK dude, you just made me look good in my wifes eyes. She's convinced I have a problem, she's says "NO BODY has as many speakers in one room as you" You got me beat, by several drivers, so I admit defeat.
My wife should be given a metal for being so easy going and letting me enjoy my hobbie without any restrictions on what I want for it. Granted I have spent a fair share of money but this is my hobbie. At least I don't Drink or run around with women.
Well, I don't run around with women............. Anymore, Cheers!!!
In reply to:

At least I don't Drink or run around with women.

You mean there was a choice in the three? Where was I when that was being explained? Is there an FAQ?
You are normally allowed one vice at a time. Home Theater, regrettably, counts as a vice during the aquisition and update phases but ceases to be a vice if the whole family enjoys it.

Before you bother asking, no you can not switch rapidly from one vice to another and still have it only count as one...
Sorry for my late response. You will get an email to confirm your purchase with a purchase number (for reference) and details including price, items and shipping address etc.

You may get the email by now.
No e-mail yet, but I'm sure it will come. I ask because the fellow I spoke to on the phone was having difficulty hearing me, so I want to make sure everything is correct.

Time to find a good price on a NAD C320BEE.
You can always email them to remind them. I think that's what I may have done.
Yup, that's what I did. I should be getting a receipt in a few hours thanks to Amie.
Just to continue with the original thread...

I didn't see this increase coming...as you can see from my "Newbie" tag I haven't been around that long. I was actually saving for three months to get my M22s and when I was ready to buy (11/15) the price went up! That wasn't good...I think I even had the speakers in cart and they were not there anymore...

I really would like to have the M22s but at $440 they are out of my reach for another couple months. I just hope that by the time I have the $$ they don't do a price increase!
You can call Axiom and have them put on layaway. Pay what you have now, then pay the difference when you can. It's a great option that'll keep you from spending the money on something else.

Turbodog has a set of M22s for sale.Look in the Questiom and comments for his thread.
Looking for the beech ones...but thanks though!
these are listed on ebay:M22
© Axiom Message Boards