Axiom Home Page
Posted By: oachalon Surround Placement - 11/09/04 01:06 AM
Alright heres i have a question and see if you guys can help. In about a month i will be switching rooms for my audio. Right now in my room i have 4 qs4s and all 4 of them are about 8 feet off the ground which i think is a little high but i had to put them there. Now since im moving to a new room i want to put my surrounds around 6 feet high which sound better for my setup. The problem is that I can put my 2 rears around 6 feet high with no problems. The problem is my 2 rear backs. To setup my rear backs one rear back either has to be right up against a corner or my 2 rear backs can be about 7 1/2 feet high up and placed anywhere. What i want to know is if it would sound weird if my rears were around 6 feet off the ground and my rear backs were around 7 1/2 feet off the ground. or should i make all of them 7 1/2 feet off the ground which doesnt sound bad but i think would sound better if they were lower. Dont know if this makes sense thanks anyway.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Surround Placement - 11/09/04 01:19 AM
I don't think you'll really notice much of a difference if your rears are higher than your sides. Just make sure to calibrate them once they're in place.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Surround Placement - 11/09/04 01:24 AM
Ditto what Peter said.
Posted By: oachalon Re: Surround Placement - 11/09/04 02:39 AM
alright thanks i will probably do that.
© Axiom Message Boards