Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Lexxen Pics are Here! - 11/16/04 09:32 PM
Left Surround

Right Surround

Sub

Tv, Mains and Center

Naked Speakers

Area where I want to put some shelves that we have to serve as an equipment rack

Posted By: TweedleyD Re: Pics are Here! - 11/16/04 10:55 PM
Lookin good
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Pics are Here! - 11/17/04 01:35 AM
Well that just WORKS! The black fits in nicely and the stands/tables are a clever solution that looks terrific. Congratulations.
Posted By: bray Re: Pics are Here! - 11/17/04 01:40 AM
Lexxen
Which H/K is that?
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Pics are Here! - 11/17/04 01:53 AM
RIGHT ON Lexxen! You should send them over to Amie so they can be added to the Wall of Fame.
Posted By: Lexxen Re: Pics are Here! - 11/17/04 05:33 AM
Well, thank you for all the encouragement. I really did not want to put the system in the corner but it really does work out better this way, even though the surrounds are on opposite ends of walls facing each other.

The stands that I am using are wal-mart specials (about $10 each) and are about 21 inches high. I like them aesthetically but they are not the sturdiest stands. and they do not stand straight... (although the cat has yet to knock them down -- knock on wood)

The H/K is the AVR130 which I am very happy with. It is both nice looking and powerful with many options (and for $498 it was a pretty good bargain, if I do say so myself) It has tripple crossovers which you can set at 60, 80,100,120,160 and 200 hz, and more inputs that I will ever need (hopefully). The remote is not the greatest but I think I will ask my parents for a harmony 659 for christmas (I would like the mx-700 but my parents would never spend that much on a remote...) Also I wish it had component video switching, but I can live with having to hook the DVD player up to the TV directly...

I think that I have spoiled myself, though as this is my first HT setup and now anything else just sounds kind of crappy... I always thought that you had to learn things like theis the hard/long way?

Also I think that the shelves-as-equipment rack idea is going to be pretty cool (especially since we already have shelves to use and I won't have to spend $100 on a rack -- I'll be able to spend more on a CD/DVD changer)

All I need now is some way to manage all the cords so that my girlfriend does not nag me to death (actually I'd better watch what I saw because ever since I posted the kitty pictures she has been looking at this forum...)
© Axiom Message Boards