Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Bilbo_Baggins Peter Gabriel Fans - 11/20/04 08:50 PM
Just recieved the new Peter Gabriel Live DVD. I am somewhat bias towards Gabriel, but the remaster to DTS in many of the songs is really good. It's almost like the axioms were made for some of these tracks. The QS8's come alive with the DTS. If you are a fan, this one is a must for 16 dollars -- enjoy.

Posted By: JSkip Re: Peter Gabriel Fans - 11/20/04 09:39 PM
I'll add that to my birthday and X-mas want lists.

Thanks
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Peter Gabriel Fans - 11/20/04 10:41 PM
I just purchased his "Shaking the Tree" Best-of SACD the other day and was extremely disappointed in the sound quality. After listening to it, I checked some websites that offered user reviews and found others that thought the sound quality to be poor as well.

I'm still in search of a website that offers a good number of reviews on SACD and DVD-Audio discs. So far I've only been disappointed in this one and Aerosmith's Greatest Hits out of the 12~15 hi-rez discs I've bought so far, but even though the percentage is low, it still sucks to get your hopes up for great sound and have it be very mediocre!
Posted By: snippy Re: Peter Gabriel Fans - 11/21/04 12:30 AM
Check out www.highfidelityreview.com and www.musictap.net

They give pretty solid reviews for SACD and DVD-A. I think that they sometimes act a little elitist, but that is normal with most critiques anyways.
Posted By: koiman Re: Peter Gabriel Fans - 11/21/04 12:55 AM
Check out Hometheater.com go to the forums top of page (click) go to hometheater spot (click) go to MUSIC, MUSIC DVD-A SACD and more music. a list of pretty good reviews.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Peter Gabriel Fans - 11/21/04 02:43 AM
Hmmm....
The only HomeTheater.com I could find was not in English!
Posted By: koiman Re: Peter Gabriel Fans - 11/21/04 02:57 AM
Mark,
I'm sorry the site is hometheaterspot.com
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Peter Gabriel Fans - 11/21/04 03:12 AM
Wow, that's quite a site! Thank you for the tip- I guess I'll have to spend some time there!
© Axiom Message Boards