Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pizoni HK7300 and M80,VP150,QS8 - 11/29/04 05:14 PM
Hello everybody!
How is your Monday?
Mine started like crazy...First I ordered the HK7300($1300 at J&R-I was able to get a discount over the phone) then I called John at Axiom and I upgraded to M80!
I feel like I am dreaming not about a..."White Christmas"...but about a (what colour?) dream came true!
Anybody with this system?
Warmest wishes to all of you!
Octavian
Posted By: bigjohn Re: HK7300 and M80,VP150,QS8 - 11/29/04 06:19 PM
looks like you are well on your way to building one heck of a system. i have the M60's, 150, and QS8,s being pushed by the onkyo SR701. i couldnt happier with this set-up. i have yet to really crank it to the max power of the receiver cause its just too dang loud. those 80's should give you a powerful, yet clear wall of sound. i think you will be more than satisfied with your results.

bigjohn
Posted By: pizoni Re: HK7300 and M80,VP150,QS8 - 11/29/04 06:41 PM
Hi bigjohn!
Thank you for your words.Any problems with the placement of the M80(my room is 14 feet wide)?
Regards,
Octavian
Posted By: bigjohn Re: HK7300 and M80,VP150,QS8 - 11/29/04 07:08 PM
i have the M60's, not the 80's, but i have read that placement on the 80's can be a little difficult. i would just make sure to give yourself at least a foot from the rear speaker to the wall, and place them fairly far apart. i dont have 'exact' distances to give you, but i think the 80's need plenty of room to breath.

i have my 60's about a foot out from the wall, and 8ft wide. they sound wonderful.

bigjohn
Posted By: michael_d Re: HK7300 and M80,VP150,QS8 - 11/29/04 07:51 PM
I have the 7200 and M80’s that I play through the zone II. I have a POS Bose system upstairs in an open loft.

You will have not hear so much as a whimper from the 7300 driving the M80’s. The loudest that I have played them (and in the same room) was 117 decibels. They were playing this loud 15 feet away, at a + 5 on the HK volume control. FYI, the HK goes from -40 to +40. They are about 8 feet apart and 2 feet away from the wall. Placement has not been an issue whatsoever, and I don’t relay understand why folks say that placing these things is an onerous task. I’ve moved them around quite a bit and eventually just put them where they seemed to fit in best with my furniture. There is a tad bit difference with base when I have them closer to the wall, but definitely no difference when I move them further away or closer together, or toe them in or out. The M80’s play nothing but music. However, one day I sat downstairs while playing a DVD just to hear how they would sound in stereo with the LF-1 on. That was a huge mistake because now I really really can not stand the POS Bose system. Before I was getting by, now I’m sick with thought about how much better a real HT sound system will sound. So I’ll be ordering an Axiom HT speaker system for the loft pretty soon.

Posted By: pizoni Re: HK7300 and M80,VP150,QS8 - 11/30/04 02:56 PM
Hi!
Thank you so much for your input!I am glad to see that you have a very nice system.Enjoy it!
Regards,
Octavian
Posted By: Michael_A Re: HK7300 and M80,VP150,QS8 - 12/01/04 04:22 AM
Congtatulations. Get yourself a Jefferson Starship CD, and have yourself a merry little psychodelic Christmas. Be careful, those M80s will rattle your balls clean off.

Ya'll realize that I'm talking about the TREE, right?
Posted By: MykeW Re: HK7300 and M80,VP150,QS8 - 12/01/04 04:30 AM
Wowwwww Octavian, now that is one PRODUCTIVE day!

I'm very happy for you, its going to be a wonderful early christmas for you.
In reply to:

How is your Monday?

Well I got word that the rest of my Axioms will be coming shortly, so I too am absolutely thrilled!

Enjoy your Axiom christmas, Jag

© Axiom Message Boards