Axiom Home Page
Posted By: shag HT Receivers - 11/29/04 08:18 PM
After having the same home theater system for the last 10 years I finally decided to upgrade, especially since moving into a new home. I just bought the complete Epic 80 speaker system. Next on my list is to look for a new receiver. Do you guys have any good recommendations?

I listen to both music and movies but watching movies is the reason for a new system, so movies are the primary consideration.

I was looking at the Denon receivers. Is the Denon 3805 enough to power everything or will I need a secondary amp?

Any help in direction or what to look for would be great, thanks.

Edit: additional info
Room size 20 x 9.5 with 20+ foot vaulted ceiling (just guessing).

Shag
Posted By: SirQuack Re: HT Receivers - 11/29/04 08:31 PM
Welcome aboard, you'll love your Axioms!!!! How big is your room, I assume pretty large since you have the M80's? They will blow you away

Anyway, you will want to make sure you get a receiver that is capable if driving these low ohm m80's. I know a few of the Axiom techs will tell Denon and HK will have no problems. There are a lot of people on this forum that have M80's so they can shed some more light on the topic.

I love my Denon 2805/M60 combination, it gives me all the sound I'll need for a long time...

© Axiom Message Boards