Axiom Home Page
Posted By: icsfsedod New Owner - 11/29/04 09:56 PM
Been lurking for a while. Just ordered my system yesterday. M60Tis, VP150 and 4 QS8s for 7.1 surround with an SVS 20-69 Pc Plus Sub. Hopefully they'll get here soon.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Owner - 11/29/04 10:05 PM
May I be the first to congratulate you on your orders and welcome to the forum!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: New Owner - 11/29/04 10:08 PM
thats gonna be an awesome system!!! and have you actually seen the 20-69 sub? its HUGE!!! enjoy your new sub-sonic water heater..

what amp/receiver you gonna use to push your HT?

bigjohn
Posted By: Wid Re: New Owner - 11/29/04 10:20 PM
I would also like to say congrats on your new system.You are going to have an A+ system there.A SVS 20-69Pc?Now that would be a HUGE sub.
Posted By: expatbrit Re: New Owner - 11/29/04 10:27 PM
Hi icsfsedod (strange name!),

Welcome to the club, of course we need to know all about the rest of your system (electronics) and see some pictures of your setup.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New Owner - 11/29/04 11:23 PM
Welcome!
Your system will Rock...what color did you get, and what receiver are you using?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: New Owner - 11/30/04 01:05 AM
OK icey, we will clearly need your name added to your profile. Congrats on the setup and welcome to the mayhem. What size room, what receiver, etc. As always, pics are required. Stay & sit a spell (I think they say that in Texas). Are you anywhere near San Angelo - bigjohn LOVES to touch the cones and we won't talk about port abuse, so be on the lookout.
Posted By: MykeW Re: New Owner - 11/30/04 03:18 AM
Congrads icsfsedod, now that is one NICE system! Welcome and ditto the requests for pics and impressions.

Axiom is known for their fast shipping so if you ordered "A"-stock then I think its safe to say you're gonna have a FUN filled weekend!

Cheers, Jag

Posted By: icsfsedod Re: New Owner - 11/30/04 05:21 PM
Oops, that shoulda been the 20-39PC+ sub. My system setup is as follows:

Onkyo TX-NR801 Receiver
Onkyo DVD Player
XBox with XBMC
Toshiba Cinema Series 34" CRT
Hughes HD-DirecTivo HD Sat/Air receiver
Axiom M60Tix2, VP150, QS8x4 in Boston Cherry/Black Grilles
SVS 20-39 PC Plus sub
Bluejeans Cables
Room is 19ft x 23ft with 11ft ceilings and a 10x10 dining attached/separated by two columns.

Thankfully I live on several acres out in the sticks, so there's little chance of bothering my neighbors a 1/4 mile down the road. :-)

Posted By: bigjohn Re: New Owner - 11/30/04 05:55 PM
where do you live in texas?

talk about sticks..!! i live in san angelo, right on the divide between the hill country oasis, and the west texas desert.

bigjohn
Posted By: icsfsedod Re: New Owner - 11/30/04 06:37 PM
Oh I know where San Angelo is. How about Pinkie's? :-)

I'm not that far out in the sticks, just outside Austin.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New Owner - 11/30/04 07:15 PM
Whoo Whee!! Nice setup!

How do you like the HD Tivo?
Posted By: icsfsedod Re: New Owner - 11/30/04 07:54 PM
The HD Tivo is awesome. I haven't upgraded the hard drive yet, but 250gig holds a significant about of TV. Of course the trouble now is DVDs look like VHS tape after watching movies in HD off Tivo. It was a large chunk of change for the Direct Tivo, but in the end I'm happy and have had no problems. Now if Tivo follows through with the mandatory advertising, I'll be fuming mad.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: New Owner - 11/30/04 09:53 PM
Well, welcome to the fold...

Glad to have another Axiomite in the neighborhood...Where outside of Austin? I'm off 35 in North Austin, with plans to move to Round Rock the middle of next year (new house on the way).

Great setup by the way.

Welcome again!

WhatFurrer
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Owner - 12/01/04 12:23 AM
This fold is getting kind of cramped! Any chance we can build an add-on?
Posted By: MykeW Re: New Owner - 12/01/04 05:04 AM

In reply to:

Any chance we can build an add-on?

Sure great idea, but I get first dibs on the dedicated HT room...

Jag
Posted By: icsfsedod Re: New Owner - 12/01/04 02:36 PM
Far east, Bastrop/Smithville area. Like I said, in the sticks!
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: New Owner - 12/01/04 03:25 PM
Yep...out there a far piece...

But I can imagine it is quiet...

No neighbors to bother either (to speak of).

Enjoy your setup...I know I do.

WhatFurrer
Posted By: icsfsedod Re: New Owner - 12/02/04 04:13 AM
MY Axioms arrived today. THe M60s are awesome as is the VP150. Haven't hooked up the QS8s yet. That will comes tomorrow.
© Axiom Message Boards