Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 02:05 AM
As some of you may know, I've been keeping an eye out for the perfect stand for my Samsung DLP that would match my Beech Axioms. I had pretty much determined that I would end up building something, when I happened to have seen this tonight at Target for $130:

If the 53" will fit on my wall OK, I'm likely going to go back and double check whether or not the Maple finish is an exact match for the Beech Axioms (but it sure looked to be a good match). The "silvery" trim would match the Samsungs' grayish/silver portion and the width, height and depth are very suitable. For what it's worth, they have matching "audio towers" available, as well as a slightly less-wide "TV Stand"...(this one's called an Entertainment Center).

Yes, I know that my search is of more interest to me than others in general, but considering the Beech finish seems to be pretty popular, I thought I'd pass this possible match along in case others are ISO matching furniture for their Beech Axioms!
Posted By: joninflorida Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 02:18 AM
Dude i'm glad you did, what is the height? I have the hlp5063, I would be a little worried that it's a bit tall, hard to tell from a pic.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 02:36 AM
I did include a link above, but it looks a little lost! Too small a word I guess!

How's this? CLICK HERE 'CUZ JON DIDN'T SEE THE LINK!

All Smiles~~~~~
Posted By: Ray3 Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 02:38 AM
Guys, if that ends up being a tad too tall, you might consider removing the legs and putting some teflon "magic sliders" on the bottom. Based on what I have at home, 6 of the 2" or 3" size (each corner & t down the center) would work pretty well. VERY easy to move the unit around to work behind it.

Also, thionk about getting a saw involved on the back and make the holes/openings big enough to get your hands in there to work with the wiring.

For both of these suggestions, I speak from happy experience.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 02:45 AM
I thought the same thing with the legs. They're about 3" tall. The unit is 24" tall, and I really wanted my Samsung on something more like 18", but I could barely buy the wood for $130, and I really have other things to do with my time, as much as I love woodworking!

Did I just win the run-on-sentence award for this month?
Posted By: Ajax Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 02:51 AM
It's only 24 and 1/2 inches tall. I don't think that will be too tall. I have a 43" Sammy DLP on a stand that is 26" tall. It's fine.
Posted By: curtis Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 03:25 AM
be careful Mark....if you read the buyers reviews, it says the feet on those units is plastic.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 03:41 AM
I read that too.... they didn't look like plastic on the display unit...(?)

It's rated for TVs to 240lbs (I think the ~60lb Samsung would do OK either way) but I really think I would ditch the feet to bring the hight down anyway. I like Ray's idea of the Teflon doohickeys...
Posted By: curtis Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 05:04 AM
yeah....doohickeys are good.....
Posted By: slipONflange Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 05:24 AM
Looks nice Mark I am also looking for a new stand to match my new Beech M60s. I have a Mitsubishi 52" DLP that I would like to find a stand for but this stand looks like it has nowhere to put the center channel.
Posted By: bray Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 07:15 AM
Or you could put castors on it like so......

It sure makes life simple when you have a bad case of upgraditis.

Looking back on this photo, I see 3 things that have already been upgraded.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 01:38 PM
I should have mentioned this one as well. It's simpler, 10" less wide and $110.

I might go take another look at the construction of the other one to see how well it will do without the factory legs (adding doohickees or castors) and verify the color match.

I just thought I'd add this one in case some were [i[almost interested in the other one and might like this better. I'll report after my errands.

Posted By: joninflorida Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 01:45 PM
Mark, I think you will find the maple to be a bit lighter than Axiom's mansfield. I may be wrong, but I have seen there other stuff in that color, and I recall it to be lighter. I hope not, I'll try to run by a target, let me know. This is the set-uo I was looking at, the audio rack fits my equipment dimensions well, I was going to go black, as the sammy is a gray/silver/black type of look. A beech stand would look more unique.
http://www.standsandmounts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2795
Posted By: shag Re: TV Stand to match Axioms' Beech? - 12/10/04 02:12 PM
I have a whole entertainment center that matches the Beech very well. I will be posting pictures next week as soon as I can, maybe this weekend.

Shag
© Axiom Message Boards