Posted By: pizoni SPL Meter-Analog or digital? - 12/10/04 02:31 PM
Hi everybody!
May I ask you a question?
SPL Meter: analog or digital?
Thank you for your help!
Regards,
Octavian
Posted By: Ray3 Re: SPL Meter-Analog or digital? - 12/10/04 02:38 PM
Either one will work fine. Some folks prefer the analog because the needle doesn't jump around as much as on the digital.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: SPL Meter-Analog or digital? - 12/10/04 03:20 PM
i got the old school rat shack analog, and it works great. in fact, they are fazing out the old analogs for the digitals, and you can still find them pretty cheap at selected rat shack stores.

i got a few for me and tom tuttle about 6 months ago for $15 bucks each.. pretty good deal!!

bigjohn
Posted By: Misfit_Toy Re: SPL Meter-Analog or digital? - 12/10/04 03:38 PM
The usual route, especially for subwoofers, is to go with analog. I would think with such a large following in the audiophile community that Radio Shack would be silly to phase these out. Still, you can still find them avaiable on their site, as well as on Ebay. If for whatever reason you can't find them at either I know you can purchase them through SVS's website.
Posted By: pizoni Re: SPL Meter-Analog or digital? - 12/10/04 03:47 PM
Hi guys!
I want to thank you all (Ray3,bigjohn and Misfit Toy) for your quick reply.I think I will go for the analog, it is CDN69.00(free shipping) at Radio Shack.
Regards,
Octavian
Posted By: Ray3 Re: SPL Meter-Analog or digital? - 12/10/04 03:48 PM
Actually, the current RS SPL is the replacement of the previous model they "phased out". I agree with Toy here - they will likely intro a newer analog model.
Posted By: bray Re: SPL Meter-Analog or digital? - 12/10/04 04:16 PM
Rat Shack already has a new analog meter. I went looking for an old one and the salesperson showed me the new one. Its almost exactly like the old one. The dial is a little different. The only numbers I can find on it are 33-4050. I think it cost close to $40.00.
Posted By: joninflorida Re: SPL Meter-Analog or digital? - 12/10/04 07:12 PM
paid 14.97 (us) on clearence analog 33-2050, radio shack, can't find a problem with it, for 15 bucks, it's all you need IMO
Posted By: MiniRock Re: SPL Meter-Analog or digital? - 12/10/04 09:05 PM
Yup! I agree on the analog SPL. It's what I had my guys use in the field.
© Axiom Message Boards