Axiom Home Page
Hi,
I'm looking into buying a dedicated CD player. Right now, i narrow down to Rotel RCD-1072, Marantz SA8260, and Cambridge Audio 540C.

Has anyone tried these CD players ? Your opinion is greatly appreciated. My gears: denon avr-3805/ Rotel RB-1080, and Speaker M60

thanks.
Have you checked out the NAD C541i ? They have been replaced with the C542 so you might be able to get a deal on one. They were supposed to be good players. I want to get one myself.
I've not personally heard them, but I've read nothing but raves from owners of the Rotel RCD-1072.

I'll take a look at nad. Rotel rcd-1072 is about $700 new which is high to me and out of my range. However, if the sound is superior to Cambridge Audio or Marantz , then it may be worth it. Otherwise, CambridgeAudio 540C may be the one.

Thanks.

A freind of mine has an older Cambridge D500 I think it is.I think it sounds pretty good.His reciever has no processing (DACs) so it seems the DACs of the Cambridge is pretty good IMO.Haven't heard the Rotel or the Marantz but they do get some good reviews.
© Axiom Message Boards