Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Sutter Cane Anybody Have The Denon 1910 - 12/14/04 05:13 AM
I was just wondering if anybody has the 1910, and if so would ya recommend it? Is it worth buying, or are there better options within that price range?

Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Anybody Have The Denon 1910 - 12/14/04 06:13 AM
Let me put a little different spin on this. My dvd player bit the bullet. However, it's Christmas time and due to that fact, I don't have a hell of a lot to spend. Anybody have and recommendations on a good player that won't break the bank?

The Denon 1910 was one I'm considering, the other so far anyways, is the Pioneer 578A.

Any recommandations would be greatly appreciated, for I can't live without a player for very long. lol

Posted By: JohnK Re: Anybody Have The Denon 1910 - 12/14/04 07:08 AM
Kurt, the F87 is a good buy in a 5 disc player.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Anybody Have The Denon 1910 - 12/14/04 07:11 AM
John:

Funny you mention that one, I was looking at that player this evening. lol

Do you have this player yourself, or have you just heard good things about it?

Posted By: kaid Re: Anybody Have The Denon 1910 - 12/14/04 07:23 AM
I have the F87 and like it (though I don't have any experience with "nicer" models). Anything you want to know specifically?
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Anybody Have The Denon 1910 - 12/14/04 07:31 AM
Yeah man, basically how's the PQ on it? See for me, that's the most important thing.

Some dvd players have dvd audio, some sacd, some do both, but for me, the PQ is the most important thing. If a player does dvd audio and sacd, or even one or the other, that's cool, but if it doesn't, that's cool too, cause it's all about it's preformance, or better put, picture quality.

Posted By: player8 Re: Anybody Have The Denon 1910 - 12/14/04 07:37 AM
If picture quality is important then I would recommend the Sony DVP 685 (or the newer model equivalent). It does SACD, is a 5 disc changer, and has stunning picture quality for the price. Did I mention the SACD playback is unbeatable at its price also?
Posted By: kaid Re: Anybody Have The Denon 1910 - 12/14/04 07:42 AM
Well, I think the picture quality is very good. Again, I must reiterate that I've never seen the picture quality of a 1910 or 2900/2910. I bought it more because it's a 5 disc changer that I can fill with CD's than for exclusive DVD viewing.

That said, I use the component video outputs and am very pleased with the vibrant, immediate colors and general picture quality.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Anybody Have The Denon 1910 - 12/14/04 07:47 AM
Kurt, I don't have it myself. Here's Ken Pohlmann's review in S&V and the usual user reports are enthusiastic overall as to both picture and sound.
Posted By: ScottA Re: Anybody Have The Denon 1910 - 12/14/04 01:26 PM
I have the 1910 and am very happy with it. I use the DVI connection and the picture quality is outstanding. It is hooked up to a Samsung 61" DLP. I also have the Pioneer 578, but use it only for the SACD/DVD Audio. The picture is not as good as the Denon (on my setup anyway). For the price, I think the Denon is a good option.

Scott
Posted By: VegasVec Re: Anybody Have The Denon 1910 - 12/14/04 03:14 PM
I just bought the 1910 and I am waiting for it in the mail. It will be a week or two until I have it up and running, but I did some heavy research on this and came to the conclusion it is a good DVD player for the price.

Also, I am using the Denon 3805 receiver, so I think they would work together well...maybe its just my preconceived notion that its important to keep as many components together from the same manufacturer you can...
© Axiom Message Boards