Axiom Home Page
Posted By: KC_Mike DLP Projector - 12/28/04 07:06 AM
I am looking for a fixed screen to mate with an Optama H31 projector. The local dealer sells Da-lite and Stewart. Both are awful pricey.

I did some looking around on the other forums and found a company called Carada. Their screen in the size I want is about half the price of the Da-lite. Anybody familiar with Carada?

Any other good manufacturers out there that don't require an arm and a leg for a decent screen?
Posted By: TurboDog1 Re: DLP Projector - 12/28/04 11:48 AM
Of course, you could always go the DIY route. It takes some time and effort, but it will probably save you a bunch if that's still a concern.

Good Luck
Posted By: SirQuack Re: DLP Projector - 12/28/04 03:16 PM
Carada makes good screens I've heard from other AVS'rs. I'm with Turbo, there are many DIY screens out there that will perform as good or better than mfg. screens. There are also various paint's that can be used with or without a fabric substrate. If your not already a member at www.avsforum.com that would be a good place to start. If money is not a concern, then hey go for it...
Posted By: joema Re: DLP Projector - 12/28/04 04:50 PM
A high-quality DIY 6-ft LCD projection screen is possible for under $300. www.tomshardware.com did two extensive articles on this:

http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20041113/index.html
http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20041201/index.html
Posted By: TurboDog1 Re: DLP Projector - 12/28/04 06:23 PM
KC - FYI...If you actually decide to go this route, my DIY screen (80"X60" w/ black velvet border) cost me in the area of $100 to build.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: DLP Projector - 12/28/04 07:11 PM
Hi Joema,
he is not talking about building a projector, which this article covers. He already has an Optoma projector, he is looking at DIY screens. Besides, there is no way that so called DIY projector would compare to my Sanyo Z2 or his Optoma H31.

Posted By: KC_Mike Re: DLP Projector - 12/29/04 12:39 AM
I have read a little about the DIY route. Can a DIY screen come close to the quality of a Da-lite screen?
© Axiom Message Boards