Axiom Home Page
Posted By: GeneticDrift O.T. Phantom Menace Widescreen - 01/05/05 10:34 PM
i saw the full screen version in best buy but when i wnet online to find the wide version it says not available till march, it even shows the full screen version not available yet but its at best buy???? what gives??
Posted By: Michael_A Re: O.T. Phantom Menace Widescreen - 01/06/05 03:29 AM
HAS to be a mistake. TPM has been out on WS forever. Try Wal Mart.
Posted By: MiniRock Re: O.T. Phantom Menace Widescreen - 01/06/05 03:32 AM
It's now OOP, but you should still be able to find it somewhere if you look hard enough. There is also eBay.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: O.T. Phantom Menace Widescreen - 01/06/05 03:46 AM
It might be a little hard to find it online at retail outlets. I bought mine on Ebay months ago, brand spankin new for like 10 bucks.
Posted By: GeneticDrift Re: O.T. Phantom Menace Widescreen - 01/06/05 04:09 AM
this is what cdnow states:

Star Wars - Episode I, The Phantom Menace (Widescreen Edition) (1999) DVD
~ Liam Neeson
Avg. Customer Rating:
(Rate this item)

Not Yet Released -- On Order
List Price: $19.98
Buy new: $13.99

why in the world would they say not yet released?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: O.T. Phantom Menace Widescreen - 01/06/05 04:14 AM
They probably don't have a listing for a company crazy enough to pull its product off the market after 6 months.
Posted By: MiniRock Re: O.T. Phantom Menace Widescreen - 01/06/05 08:10 AM
GD, it is currently still available at SWS.com or you can wait for the boxset of all six films coming in '07.
Posted By: snippy Re: O.T. Phantom Menace Widescreen - 01/06/05 07:13 PM
Yeah it went out of print, however, that does not mean that stores send their copies back to the distributor. They simply cannot order more. So it is still possible to find them out there, it is just more difficult.

However, with a certain new release coming in May, it seemed wise to release the titles again. If only they would remaster the lousy picture.
Posted By: MiniRock Re: O.T. Phantom Menace Widescreen - 01/19/05 09:34 AM
Folow-up: Fox will be re-releasing both TPM and AOTC on DVD March 22nd to coincide with the Clone Wars DVD which is also releasing on March 22nd.
Posted By: Ned Re: O.T. Phantom Menace Widescreen - 01/19/05 03:56 PM
Just looked on the bookshelf and our Phantom Menace is widescreen. Picked it up from Best Buy a couple month's ago.
Fun entertainment
© Axiom Message Boards