Axiom Home Page
Posted By: darthkringle Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 07:40 PM
Hello all- Getting ready to take plunge this week or next and buy the following M60, VP150, 2xQs8, and EP500. All of you have been VERY helpful w/this. My question is what experience have you had w/the factory outlet? Is the price difference worth it? Seems like you have to wait longer, so I'm not sure what route to go. I'm spending quite a bit here and if the Factory outlets truly have no issues, then it may be worth the wait. As always thanks in advance.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 07:43 PM
I don't have any personal experience with the Factory Outlet route. However, there are a lot of members that have and have reported positive experiences.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 07:45 PM
In most cases people can barely find the flaws in their Factory Outlet speakers. It was 3 weeks before I found the flaws in mine, and the speakers have to be in just the right light, and you have to be looking real hard to find them. Only you can decide if the wait is worth the savings. Many get there speakers BEFORE the scheduled wait time. Twice, I got mine exactly when promised after a 6 week wait.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 07:48 PM
BUY FACTORY OUTLET!!!!

they are fine.. these are speakers that might have a little scrape, or cut, or ding in the cabinet. the defects are rarely even noticable, and i think i can remember only one time where one was bad enough to even mention. if you can stand the wait(which can be 16 weeks sometimes), then get the outlets to save some money. you will not be disappointed.

bigjohn

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 07:50 PM
I've never seen any posts that mentioned a problem with the F.O. speakers. Sometimes, a customer can find a very minor blemish; very often not. Again, I've never seen a post where someone found a blemish that they were concerned with.

I think it simply comes down to saving money if you're willing to be patient. Many are fine with that, for some, it's agony to hang out in this forum reading how great the speakers are and waiting several weeks! It might be dependant on the "wait times" when you're ready to place your order. They vary, and a discount for a two week wait is easier than the same discount on an eight week wait.

My system was F.O. and I'm very pleased in every respect. The 5 weeks I ended up waiting WAS tough though!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 07:59 PM
All my Ax's have been purchased using the F.O. and to this day I can't find any blemishes and I've searched every square inch of these babies. Your mileage may vary...

M60's, VP150, EP350, 4 Qs8's

Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 08:00 PM
I plan on ordering a pair of M22's and I will definitely go the FO route
Posted By: BlueStater Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 10:22 PM
I've had mine for only a few days but have yet to find a blemish. They also came a week earlier than the wait time indicated. I would recommend the FO route to anyone.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 10:36 PM
i was fine with not saving the few bucks originally but now looking at FO all the wait times have come way down so io think im gonna go that way the worse one is the 60's at 5 weeks. does anyone know if you order FO will they just wait until they are all ready then ship? thx
Posted By: speckshoes Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 10:38 PM
No problemo! I took mine outside to hunt for a blemish & found a cloudy spot on one M60 (not a scuff mark), & a SMALL wrinkle on a corner of the other M60. The center & surrounds had nothing wrong with them, as far as I could see. If someone asked where the blemish was I'd have to unplug them, take them outside, & still have a hard time finding it again...I'd go for the outlet route.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 10:41 PM
impatient one that i am i called axiom and answered my own question. they ship them all in the same order. he also said that if you order say one speaker that is 2wk wait and one that is 5wk wait they would ship both of them at 31/2 weeks. just an fyi
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 11:05 PM
You have to wonder how they would ship something in 3 1/2 weeks that they won't have for 5 weeks.
Posted By: Epsilon Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/17/05 11:29 PM
If for some reason we're not happy with the FO speakers, does the same return policy apply to them?

Never mind, I RTFMed the web page and the answer is yes.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/18/05 12:05 AM
i was wondering the same thing. i think with FO the reason a lot of people can not find blemishes is because there is likely none to find. i think a lot of times theses are returns or if they dont have FO to fill in time they give you new stock but thats just my guess.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/18/05 12:26 AM
The last I knew, returns are NEVER sold as Factory Outlet speakers. They are sold at a nice price to Axiom employees and family.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/18/05 12:39 AM
Jack, that is absolutely correct. It's not much of a problem because they don't get many returns.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/18/05 02:05 AM
I imagine it is pretty easy to ding the vinyl when they're building and testing the speakers, and the way they are built (vinyl goes on before they even cut the wood) would make it really hard to repair a cosmetic defect. A good deal all round.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/18/05 03:20 AM
Your right as usual Mr. Jack, I confirmed when I ordered my Axioms months ago that they are not returns, but you wonder if they really have enough family and employees to make deals on returns. My guess is that they really don't get that many returns anyway, as good as these speakers sound.

In regards to some of the comments from others above, all the speakers on order will arrive no later than the time listed for the longest speaker in the group. In my case, I got all of mine about a week earlier. If you contact Axiom to make arrangements, they will not have a problem shipping part of your order ahead of time, but that is not the default...

Randy

Posted By: pizoni Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/18/05 12:16 PM
Hi!
F.O. M80,VP150,QS8:ZERO DEFECTS!
Enjoy!
Octavian
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/18/05 12:18 PM
sorry i assumed that the FO's were returns. but i know that people have said that they will fill orders with new when no damaged parts are avail to meet the listed time frame.
Posted By: tarzanboy Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/21/05 11:02 AM
Am I missing something here? where is the factory outlet stuff? And how much savings are we talking about here? I am debating between the EP350 and the EP500 to go along with the epic60 set. If I can find enough savings in the package the upgrade will be a no brainer...please advise
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Factory Outlet. Worth it? - 01/21/05 11:56 AM
Tarzan:
Factory Outlet

To get there, go to Store" up top, and you'll get a page with a powder blue (powder blue???) box with all the different speaker types. On the bottom portion of that blue box, below the "Centers" and "Stands and Brackets", you'll see the link to the FO stuff!

Welcome, by the way!
© Axiom Message Boards