Axiom Home Page
Posted By: joninflorida Comments on 22s as rears, and some pics - 01/24/05 07:10 PM
As I find myself listening to more and more SACD material, I was compelled to hear more direct dound that the QS-8s wouldn't deliver, being top, bottom and side firing. I love the QS-8s for HY, I mean LOVE, it does not sound "bad" in a 5.1 music set-up, just not great. With the 22s as rears, four chanel with the 60s is fantastic. And with some recent questions on the 150 center, I can tell you this 5.1 combo is great for music. But it took me a long time to get the 7.1 HT sound right. If you have the right material it sounds awesome in pro-pogic llx mode. but some movies (most older ones) just sound better in 5.1 and leaving the 22s out. If some of you have gotten frustrated with the 7.1 performance hang in their, it took me awhile to get it right. Again, it all depens on the material. With the right recording it is jaw dropping.

Posted By: spiroh Re: Comments on 22s as rears, and some pics - 01/24/05 07:13 PM
Are you using 3 svs subs?
Well, actully yes, only tempoary though. U.P.S. damage both drivers on the SVS ss subs, the 2 in the rear in maple. The one in front is a 20-39 PC+ that I will send to SVS for refund under their 45 day period. They have agreed to extend that untill they ship a new pair of ss subs. They are powered by a seperate Crown K-1 amp. and Rane equilizer which was not damaged. P.S. I HATE UPS
Posted By: spiroh Re: Comments on 22s as rears, and some pics - 01/24/05 07:44 PM
How did you like the 20-39 sub? I was considering that as one of my options.
Posted By: bray Re: Comments on 22s as rears, and some pics - 01/24/05 07:47 PM
I see 4 subs in the pics.
What is the big black box under the TV?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Comments on 22s as rears, and some pics - 01/24/05 07:58 PM
i think he has 2 more in the basement, and 1 in the garage that he is currently using as a door-stop.

that boy got more subs than the royal canadian navy.

but half dont work..... jons subs that is..

bigjohn
LOL...you just described my nirvana John!
By no means did I get the SVS ss dual subs cause I did not like the 20-39PC+. They are presently a bit of overkill (room is 22x16x8 high) I love that sub. It's more than enough. My new HT room will be about 6500 cubic feet, that's why the dual ss subs. And they are much "prettier". A great deal on the ss pageage came about where I could get the package for 2200.00 not the 5,000 it sells for. Well, I didn't expect the UPS damage, but they were insured, and it's all being taken care of. In the mean time I am using the PC+ as my sub. The one under the TV is my old earthquake 12" that a friend of mine bought. I experimented with it and the SVS, but I didn't like the "blend" He'll pick it up soon (I hope$$$$) right now it's a shelf holder. By the way, when looking at the 20-39, which I highly, highly recommend, there is the PCI, PC+ and even Ultra models in the size, but the Ultra is just called the Ultra. they DO differ with amps, and drivers. So not all 20-39s are the same. 599.00, 825.00 and 1149.00 respectfully.
LOL........I needed that good laugh, last week I was so pissed!!! That was-is funny. Yeah I got 3 bad A$$ subs, but only 1 works!!! (BTW no basements in Florida)
Posted By: JaimeG Re: Comments on 22s as rears, and some pics - 01/24/05 10:20 PM
Good Lord!! , that mirror between the subs... wont last long...

~Jaime
That was to tempoarily please her. Those 2 ss subs with an 1100 watt seperate amp will literly blow that mirrior off the wall.
Posted By: Wid Re: Comments on 22s as rears, and some pics - 01/24/05 11:03 PM

It's good to hear that the damage to the subs are getting taken care of.

In reply to:

Those 2 ss subs with an 1100 watt seperate amp will literly blow that mirrior off the wall.

If ya try that we want video not just pics
Posted By: TKHanson Re: Comments on 22s as rears, and some pics - 01/25/05 12:20 AM
I would also be concerned with the well being of any living DNA in that room when they are in use. Also, forget your cochlea, I'd be worried about the heart.
© Axiom Message Boards