Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tharkun M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 12:13 AM
Just did a quick set up and testing of the M80s on the rear channel, so far its sounding great. The Outlaw 770 handles the four M80s with no problems, still have some tweaking and long wire runs for the rears to complete. Will try and find time soon and post pictures on a web page of the new system. If one has the room and budget, using M80's for front/rear, VP150 center, QS8's for surround, and the EP600, is a great sounding system in my opinion. Will try to get some pics soon, thanks for all the helpfull info on this forum.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 12:25 AM
I hope you listen to a lot of multi-channel music!

Posted By: Ray3 Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 01:00 AM
Dennis, am I too old for you to adopt me?
Posted By: Tharkun Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 01:19 AM
You would have a big change in weather Ray, I lived in Schenectady for 3 years and was glad to get back to the west coast. <g> As for old, I had a wake up call on 12/17, had a heart attack, and at 54, I'm to young for that, so decdied to spend some money and enjoy a new HT system. back to wiring, trying to get this thing finished up tonight.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 01:27 AM
Nice to see another old guy likes this whole HT thing. We're just multiplying here. Id be HAPPY to see some California weather at this point.
Posted By: Ajax Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 01:36 AM
Hot Dog, Ray! Another "old" guy!

Dennis, that is one hell of a system. I hope your recovery is going well. Take care of yourself.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 01:48 AM
I keep agreeing with Spiff, I hope this is for multi-channel music or 7-stereo mode like my Denon. Seems like major overkill for HT purposes on the rear channel? Please explain, pretty please...

randy

Posted By: Tharkun Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 01:55 AM
Yes, its mainly for music, the Outlaw 950 has a stereo 7 mode which is rahter impressive in my opinion, and with over 1,200 cd's, I do listen to tunes most of the day. But even watching regular Tv in the stereo 7 is not bad. <g> I talked to Alan this afternoon to get his thoughts as I'm wanting to add a second EP600, my listening area is 10k to 12k cubic feet, and think the second sub would be nice.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 02:09 AM
wow impressive, especially the 1200 cd's. I wish I had the $$$$ to do the same, but remodeling my basement is sucking me dry. The room that will be my Home Theatre and RecRoom is about 8100 cubic ft, my entire basement is 18,900 Cubic Ft....

Randy
Posted By: player8 Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 02:34 AM
No kidding. 1200 cd's! I'm embarrased with my only 100 cd's.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 03:01 AM
Ya, with so many CD's I'm using two of the Sony 400 mega players, and one 400 Cd/DVD units. Have seen several people say they are not the best, but with the amount of CD's, I will settle for a little less sound quality for the ease of finding a disc when I want it, and the on screen lists are nice. <g>
Posted By: pmbuko Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 09:40 PM
What you really need is a lot of hard drive space and a digital jukebox. And a place to store all those CDs offline.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 10:58 PM
Actualy that is on the list, will be happy to eliminate the mega players, but first I have to make choices for the 6 theater recliners, now that the spund system is abount finished.
Posted By: koiman Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/28/05 11:45 PM
Tharkun,
I'm like you I have (4) M80tis set up in my HT system And they are great for DVD-A and SACD and for 7.1 channel listning with my Denon 3803.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/29/05 12:05 AM
Good to hear Lee, nice not being the only one to do this, took a lot of thoguht to spend the bucks for a second pair, but no regrets so far, well wothe the investment.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/29/05 01:20 AM
Don't tempt me to rerip all of my CDs in lossless... just got a 160 GB drive that's waiting to be filled. 'Course, then I'd have to rig up a way of getting the music from the computer room into the living room complete with remote control.

Damn, I just figured out how to do it.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: M80's for rear channel arrived ! - 01/29/05 06:31 PM
I just tried the Microsoft Media Center edition. I got two toys out of the deal.
1.) A new smoking PC. This Alien PC is sweet!
2.) An extender device that allows me to play all of my MP3's through my HT (through the network). An XBOX can also be used

I haven’t scratched the surface yet, it can also work as a DVR.

© Axiom Message Boards