Axiom Home Page
Alright you guys... I've finally getting around to looking into a HTM remote, specifically the MX-850. I've contacted the Canadian Distributor (In Tandem Inc, out of Guelph), but I'm curious if anyone here has bought their remote online? If so, where?

- D
Sean:
Check out Mike at SurfRemoteControls.

They're highly regarded here (Ray recommends them as well) and I had a great experience with them!
Bluedo is another authorized interent reseller with generally good prices.
There are your answers Sean! I would suggest that you call Mike at Surf Remote Control and ask him about the best price on the 850. I don't believe it's available as an open box item yet, but he will likely work with you.
As you mentioned the Canadian dist., and you live in Ontario, Surf Remote Control states on the webpage US only.

While Bluedo mentions shipping anywhere, keep in mind the conversion in money. I would think it would be much cheaper to order locally.
BBIBH,
i think you've made a good point there. I seem to recall when i ordered my Harmony that Surf Remote wouldn't ship to Canada (and I had emailed them too), while Bluedo would. I'm not sure whether Surf Remote has changed their policy or not. The other thing I recall is that with the discount on a new Harmony, it didn't end up being much cheaper than if i had bought direct from Future Shop (I think I saved ~$20). Of course, there is something to be said for ordering an open box if available.
I recently purchased the MX-700 from Bluedo and service was great. I bought an open-box special and the remote is in pristine condition. I could not find a mark on it. I believe they will ship anywhere. Might check them out.

By the way, the MX-700 is unbelievable. Programming was a breeze.

Scott
Yes, the website says USA only, so.....

The recent economic conditions make it more expensive to buy certain products in US dollars. Some are still better deals, but it has taken the attractiveness of doing this.

Well surprisingly the Canadian Dealer got back to me today and wanted my Postal Code so that he could recommend me a local dealer, so we'll see how that route goes! Even if they have to ship to me, they're a 4 hour drive away

I'll keep you all posted.

- D
Alright so I've gotten a price from a local dealer here where I live and the price is $530 CDN. I investigated BlueDo as listed above and they do indeed ship to Canada, and their price is about $495 CDN and they even have a coupon code for free next day shipping! So I think I'm going to go with BlueDo. Unless you think there will be duty fee's greater then $30, and they'll probably tack on 15% tax, blah.

- D
So I went with BlueDo, because they give free shipping, which immediatley (hmmm?) takes $33 off my order. Then I get to the information page and it says pick a shipping option (each worth $15.50) ... I was like ?ok???" but a discount is a discount.... anyways they have two shipping options:

1. UPS Standard - Declare Full Price
2. UPS Standard - mark as gift with low value

Dude! So I pick mark as gift, and if all works out, I shouldn't have to pay taxes up here!

*crosses fingers*

we'll see!

- D
© Axiom Message Boards