Axiom Home Page
Posted By: R72Sully Denon 3805 and 3910 for my new Axioms? - 02/01/05 08:07 AM
Hi all,

Wanted to say a quick thanks to those who responded to my previous thread. The input you guys gave helped me out a lot in making my decision on which home theater package to buy.
Now that I have some great Axiom speakers on the way, I'm thinking Receiver and DVD player, and am wondering what you guys think of the Denon 3805 A/V Receiver & 3910 DVD Player to match with the Axioms?

Any and all opinions welcome.

Sully
I don't have the 3805 - but it is very popular around here. I DO have the 3910, and I use it's analog outs because the DACs on that thing are incredible. Indeed, I now use it for all of my disc media, unless I'm having a party and a 6-disc changer is called for.

A great machine and it matches well to the Axioms.
I have the same equipment you are considering and they work great. More than enough power to drive the axioms to levels you will rarely use and wonderful for HT. All in all, a great choice.
Posted By: R72Sully Re: Denon 3805 and 3910 for my new Axioms? - 02/02/05 05:06 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I really liked the 3805/3910 combo. The 3910 seemed to have excellent picture/sound quality, and the 3805 had all the features I could want - especially the component video upconversion. I just wanted to make sure they would work out okay with the Axioms I ordered.

Thanks
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Denon 3805 and 3910 for my new Axioms? - 02/02/05 08:57 PM
Thoe puppies will work with just about anything. Excellent tandem.
Posted By: rook Re: Denon 3805 and 3910 for my new Axioms? - 02/03/05 02:37 AM
With the 3910, does that eliminate the need for a scaler like a DVDO iScan??
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Denon 3805 and 3910 for my new Axioms? - 02/03/05 02:55 AM
The "need"? Spoken like a true upgradeitis sufferer. The 3910 is positioned just below Denon's flagship 5901 and it is a premium player with excellent PQ, using the Faroujda chip. While the iScan will provide some enhancement to the PQ, there is really no "need" to have it. The 3910 does very well in on it's own. If you simply want it, knock yourself out - there is something to be said for testosterone and bragging rights and you will get some benefit. You would do better to google for more in depth information. Certainly finding one you could see would be better.

Having said that, HD DVD is on the horizon before too long. That may necessitate spending more money for another HD-capable player. If it's me, I'm going to be happy with my 3910 and either save the $700 - $1500 they want for the iScan to aply to my HD player or buld a pretty spectacular DVD collection.
© Axiom Message Boards