Axiom Home Page
Posted By: wallydog cable essentials? - 02/10/05 11:53 PM
I admit I'm a "real" novice at this. I purchased QS2's, 2 Infinity centrals, Yamaha RX-V750 receiver, 5 disc CD changer, plus a TV w/satellite system. Now I have to hook it up. What kind of cables do I need. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: cable essentials? - 02/11/05 01:23 AM
I'm a little confused:
Qs2's ? They have been discontinued for a long time, did you buy them a long time ago? Qs4's and Qs8's surrounds are what is available currently.

2 Infinity Centrals? Are these floorstanding? or do you mean center speaker? If yes, normally you only need 1 center speaker.

What about a sub or left/right speakers?

You need to use speaker wire to hook from the receiver to the speakers, depending on how far your runs are you might want to use 12 gauge wire, but may be able to get away with 14 or 16 gauge.

From the cd changer to the receiver, you'll probably use coax or optical, or the old white/red cables that should have came with your equipment.

Depending on what type of tv (hd ready) and satellite system you have you could use component red/green/blue (video) but you may have to use s-video (video) and red/white audio.

Your manual should explain your options....

good luck
© Axiom Message Boards