Axiom Home Page
Posted By: divot Denon 2910 shutdown - 03/13/05 05:28 PM
This is my second denon 2910 that I have had. They both have had this problem. After playing a DVD for some time 2-3 hours the DVD shuts down. The power button is still green but there isn't any display on the denon panel. I returned the first one and got a new replacement. After a couple weeks now this one is doing it. I'm beginning to think now its not the Denon. The manual said the disk may be dirty. The home theatre area is still under construction so that may be the case...Any ideas guys? A short?. Heat? I really feel the area is well ventilated.
Thanks Man....Divot
Posted By: curtis Re: Denon 2910 shutdown - 03/14/05 05:31 AM
is the 2910 in a well ventalated area? Is it getting very warm?
Posted By: divot Re: Denon 2910 shutdown - 03/14/05 05:03 PM
The Denon and the rest of the entertainment unit has been turned off all night long and it still does it. Ishouldn'e be heat related if it's had all night to cool should it?
Thanks
Posted By: curtis Re: Denon 2910 shutdown - 03/14/05 06:14 PM
Does it continuously happen after 2 to 3 hours of running? Or is it now immediate...even after being off all night?
Posted By: divot Re: Denon 2910 shutdown - 03/14/05 07:57 PM
It is immediate now. It has run several times for 2-4 hours and not had a problem
thanks
Posted By: divot Re: Denon 2910 shutdown - 03/15/05 03:44 AM
More info/ I called denon today and they told me how to reset the dvd player "initialize it" they called it. That worked, and now we are up and running. But the potential still is out to happen again. The fact that I'm able to reset. Is that more likely that its a heat issue?
© Axiom Message Boards