Axiom Home Page
Hi,
I'm going to put in locking banana plug for my speaker wire (canare). WBT is expensive. Are there other decent locking banana plug at reasonable price?

thanks.
i just used a plug similar to this, and it works fine.. i think you might be going overboard if you pay anymore for locking plugs. i mean, do you plan on your speakers running away?

bigjohn
I use these. They hold quite well. Good if you have kids that like to pull cable...

Ratshack
In reply to:

Good if you have kids that like to pull cable...

So's a stun gun or some oleo capsicum.

Bren R.
the plug i have is not tight. I actually has spade on both ends for my FL/FR (going from external amp). But Denon 3805 is too tight for spade and i want tight connection . That's why i like locking banana plug.

I use the Ixos 215 locking banana plugs. Two pair for $16 at accessories4less.com.
Hi audiofan,

At the risk of being accused of shamelessly pushing Axiom (hey, I work for Axiom), Axiom's single locking banana plugs are just $8 a pair, including shipping, and they work very well. The double locking plugs are $7 each, incl. shipping. They accommodate bare cable and are supplied with the Allen key. No tedious soldering required.

Just click on "Cables" on the Home page, then Banana Plugs.

Regards,
Good point Alan. Better pricing than ratshack. And no soldering is good. Those ratshack ones are all metal, so you need to get a BIG soldering that gets really hot in order to heat the solder, plug, and speaker cable.
Oh Alan, that was shameless alright.

Banana plugs can be found for cheaper (yes even the locking ones) but having seen (and own) some of the Axiom peripherals, you do pay a bit of a premium for the 'build quality' as eye candy.
Lovely stuff.
Alan,
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that Axiom carries lock ing banana...:) I'll check it out.

Just a side question...anyone has heard of Aperion Power tower? My buddy has one pair. The bass is great, but the mid/high is way behind Axiom M60...:) I wish M60 could go low to 30Hz...
© Axiom Message Boards