Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ghis Component - 03/27/05 01:45 AM
Hello every one,

I've just move in a new house and for my living room TV, i've plug in my DVD to my TV with component cables. The problem? I only see the picture from the DVD in black and white. Bad cables? Bad settings? I need help.

Thank'S
Posted By: BrenR Re: Component - 03/27/05 04:37 AM
Looks like mis-cabling.

You've got the luminence cable right, but not the chroma difference cables. Or you've put the luma out from the DVD into video in on the TV.

Bren R.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Component - 03/27/05 04:51 AM
I got it! You're color blind! Right? Bad cables? bad settings? bad joke? yeah; I'm sorry, that was in bad taste. I appologize, I won't do that again.

Anyway, never had that happen before-do you have the Green, Blue and Red plugs in the right slots? I dunno, just a thought-on my connectors the blue one is sort of a greenish blue and the green one is sort of a bluish green. And then when you toss in another two cables for analog audio, one of them being another Red one, well, that could also tend to goof up the works. Hey, could make a difference-what kind, I don't know.

Another thing; on my TV, different inputs have different settings separate from the others. In other words, the cable input is adjusted to one set of settings, and then when a DVD player is connected, it recieves yet another, so that just cause cable has a good picture, the newly installed DVD that hasen't been set-up in the TV yet, dosen't.

Other than that; Anyone else heard of this problem?

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Component - 03/27/05 04:55 AM
Oh, Hi Bren, takes me a long time to respond with so many little kids bugging me,you snuck in an answer while I was still typing. Good Show.

Posted By: BrenR Re: Component - 03/27/05 05:24 AM
In reply to:

Oh, Hi Bren, takes me a long time to respond with so many little kids bugging me,you snuck in an answer while I was still typing. Good Show.

Little kids bugging you? You hanging out at Neverland Ranch again? Boooo...

Bren R.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Component - 03/27/05 06:53 AM
Uh, guys? The forum title is Home Theater, not Amateur Night.

Posted By: snakeyes Re: Component - 03/27/05 07:16 AM
BADA BUM BUM TISH! They'll be here all week ladies and gents.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Component - 03/27/05 01:09 PM
OOPS, better do a search on "Neverland Ranch" before I respond to that one!!!

Um...did swapping cables fix the problem?
Posted By: Ghis Re: Component - 03/28/05 02:04 AM
I've found the setting option on my TV. The cables were find. Thank's to every one
Posted By: BrenR Re: Component - 03/28/05 03:18 AM
The TV was set to accept composite instead of component?

And that caused it to display only the luminence?

Weird.

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards