Axiom Home Page
Posted By: joninflorida My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/12/05 06:37 PM
OK guys out with the Axioms........This is almost comical. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32861&item=5772433749&rd=1
Posted By: bigjohn Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/12/05 06:54 PM
you look at it, and it seems kinda cheesy and fake.. but then, go to the website and look at the HUGE photo gallery of some of the stuff he has built. check out some of the finishes and how well the speakers seem to be made. not that i have $20K to drop down on some speakers anyway.. but, i could be led to think this guy is legit...?

bigjohn
Posted By: joninflorida Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/12/05 07:16 PM
I was somewhat surprised at local pick-up only. Not that they are shippable, but it's kinda hard to scam when you meet the quy in person, but then again people still buy speakers out of vans. I thought the $29.00 flea market "cocktail" table, and the 60's looking chick was a bit funny. Come on John, 80% off the 7-1/2 tall speakers, with "peerless" drivers, I thought they made faucets. you only need 4K, not 20K! I actully took advantage of it, and said "see honey, I am NOT really out of hand on this whole HT thing" as you claim.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/12/05 07:20 PM
Pretty high on the list of things I'm NOT going to buy sight unseen/sound unheard over eBay...
Posted By: BrenR Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/12/05 08:20 PM
What does a "tranny" have to do with speakers?

Sorry, bad me...

Bren R.
HAHAHAHAHA!! I was thinking more of "granny".

Man, if you're gonna go to the trouble w/ all those pics, you can get a better model...
Posted By: hashts Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/12/05 09:04 PM
Man that's exactly what I was thinking. Definitely got the wrong model for those speakers.

But then again it might the owner's wife...
Posted By: SERadtke Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/12/05 09:20 PM
Anybody else notice the tag still on her dress in one of the pics? I wonder if they're planning to return it if the speakers don't sell. Not that I want to drive to FL but I kinda have that morbid curiousity thing goin on....I wonder what they look like in person... and sound like???
Posted By: rcvecc Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/12/05 09:28 PM
looks to me the co.might be the real thing-if it is thats one big ass speaker system for 4 grand
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/12/05 09:39 PM
they're not actually speakers, per se. they're actually little closets in which they stick versatile musicians who play covers of whatever songs are on your CD.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/12/05 11:23 PM
Interesting speakers alright! The driver compliment looks like reasonably good quality DIY stuff. The woofers, Peerless CC 12"(I believe) are well respected in the DIY community. In a sealed box they have a 3db down of 38.6hz @ .707, but they need 4.7 cu ft EACH to accomplish it!

Maybe that's why those speakers are so large!!

I have a Peerless 10" from the CSX line in my sub, and it works just great!
Rich.

Posted By: craigsub Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/13/05 02:31 AM
A few thoughts:

1. The guy who sells them tweeters must be happy.
2. The guy who sells them wood must be even happier.
3. I was strangely compelled to place the FM-6's into my shopping cart, but that "two-six-pack" model's face stopped me. Cold.
Posted By: bray Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/13/05 03:36 AM
"but that "two-six-pack" model's face stopped me. Cold."

Damn Craig. Your easy.
Tequilla anyone?

Posted By: craigsub Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/13/05 11:12 AM
At $20k, it was two six packs ... at $5K it would have taken about a bottle of Cuervo to get past her. That was mean on my part. Really mean. But SHEESH ! Those PICTURES !
Posted By: Ajax Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/13/05 11:17 AM
We have a couple of professional photographers here, and I'd bet they were thinking the same thing. Shoot! I'm not even a pro, and I thought they were terrible photos.

And while you're comment may have been cruel and unkind (you meany), it WAS accurate.
Posted By: craigsub Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/13/05 11:22 AM
You know ... This DOES make you wonder what Axiom could do with a $20,000 speaker.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/13/05 05:57 PM
So how do they work. Are the "tweeter" tops, which look tripolar to me, mounted separately and to the sides like that all the time. It seems like somethign better suited to a stadium than a living room - like it's main purpose is to blow women's clothes off (hopefully not the model's) rather than provide good imaging, etc.

Also, nothing like taking a 20K speaker, shoving it into a corner and up against a wall. That's gotta make those woofers really tight.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/13/05 08:56 PM
Didn't you read the fine print? Here, I'll quote it for you:

"Speakers sound as good as she looks."
The poster needs to take a photo/marketing lesson from this website:

Bottlehead
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/14/05 03:36 AM
I'm not one to scoff at the female figure, but those pics annoy me, for some reason. Very out of place.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: My new bad a$$ speakers (kidding) - 05/14/05 02:45 PM
Well, they're not exactly great photos either.

There's a big difference between the female form photographed well and one that's just there to sell a product. I wouldn't say the photos offend me, they're just tacky.

The photos in the eBay ad are pretty bad. I'm not knocking the woman, it's just that if she's there for scale, fine... if she's there as a model, then it doesn't work. The photos have a cut and paste look, yet the shadows and lighting from that lamp seem correct. My very first thought was that there were mockups and a rip off, but now I'm thinking the speakers, model, table, and lamp were photographed in a warehouse and "put" in front of the "wall".
© Axiom Message Boards