Axiom Home Page
Posted By: JohnnyZee My order has come in! - 05/17/05 01:57 PM
I finially bit the bullet and ordered my M60's and a VP150 on Monday morning, and I got them this morning!!! That was fast! Too Fast. It helps being in the same province as Axiom.

I had them shipped to my office and then I had to put them into my car. I had to get creative to get everything to fit. I would love to skip off work and go home to set them up, but alas, we are on a tight timetable here at work and I also have to work late including the rest of the week.

I would really want to thank all the regular's on this board will all there information, including the Axiom team, it made upgading my speakers to Axiom extremly easy.

Now, All I need to do is set them up and start listening.

Johnny
Posted By: bigjohn Re: My order has come in! - 05/17/05 02:17 PM
In reply to:

Now, All I need to do is set them up and start listening

...and post us some pics so we can see your new HT!!

congrats on getting your new speaks. i hope they are everything you want them to be. and it will be awful hard to fight off that urge to go on home!!

bigjohn
Posted By: bugbitten Re: My order has come in! - 05/17/05 02:25 PM
I foresee an all-nighter.
Congrats. You'll love them.
Posted By: johnnyc Re: My order has come in! - 05/17/05 02:40 PM
Congrats JohnnyZee and hello from a fellow Ontarian

You have done well my son!

Take your time and enjoy the set-up process. You'll have many years of sonic bliss.

M60s, VP150, EP350
Posted By: SirQuack Re: My order has come in! - 05/17/05 07:06 PM
congrats! I know what your talking about, I'm glad I had my Silverado when picking up my speakers, these babies are big on sound, just as they are size.

Randy

60's 150 350 4-Qs8's
Posted By: JohnnyZee Re: My order has come in! - 05/17/05 07:19 PM
I had to stuff the speakers in a VW Jetta!!!

This day is dragging!!!! Oh well, it will be over soon. I will be hooking the speakers up to my Pioneer 54TX and once that is done, I will run the MCACC on it, and then I will be done. I really hope this doesn't turn into an all nighter, I have to work late the rest of the week. At least it's a long weekend for us, so I will have time to play. Also, I hope the Cambridge soundworks Surrounds blend in nicely, they did with the old speakers.

Anyway back to work!
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: My order has come in! - 05/17/05 07:54 PM
Congratulations on your new speakers!
I know what you mean about stuffing a car Johnny

I got QS8s, M60s and a VP150, picked them up at Dwight and stuffed them into my Altima. I was in such a rush to get home I didn't give much thought to how I packed them in the car. The end result was the only view out my rear view mirror was the boxes containing the M60s.

The highlite of my trip home was doing 120kph on the 400 and being passed by a OPP cruiser. I guess he was an Axiom fan as I didn't get pulled over. Either that; or he was looking for much bigger fish to fry.

Posted By: JohnnyZee Re: My order has come in! - 05/17/05 08:03 PM
FordPrefect... LOL!!!! You did the drive, I was debating about it, then decided agaist it.

120 on the 400, is nothing, I going to be taking the 407 "Canada's Autobahn" home from work. 140-150 is about my average on the 407, especially today with the speakers in it.

It's only 4:02 " Kahhhhhhhnnnnnnnnn"

Posted By: richeydog Re: My order has come in! - 05/17/05 11:33 PM
You guys want to translate that into mph for us americans?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My order has come in! - 05/17/05 11:58 PM
google says 93.2 mph. It's easy to convert units with google!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: My order has come in! - 05/17/05 11:58 PM
Well, 100 kph is 62 MPH, and 300 is around 180 MPH, so not all that fast...
Posted By: bridgman Re: My order has come in! - 05/18/05 01:46 AM
So, are they set up yet ?

Huh ?
Posted By: JohnnyZee Re: My order has come in! - 05/18/05 02:10 PM
Yes! I set them up last night. Ran the MCACC on the Pioneer, got out my CD collection and watched a movie.

The VP 150 is setup on top of my TV, and the M60's are pointed strait ahead and are about 8 feet apart. The speakers are about 13 ft away from the listening position. Also the Room is 20x17x8

The very first thing I noticed was the center image was locked dead center, with a tall and some what wide sound stange. It all depended on the recording, but listening to the Brian Setzer Orchestra Live in Montreal was... WOW! Massive soundstage, and I didn't find the horn section bright at all. Also I watched my guilty pleasure Disney's Black Hole. I was in awe, when I noticed that the hole going from front to back was totaly gone. Just smooth panning in all directions. I still have to watch a movie with a reference surround track.

Now, the MCACC on the pioneer controled the bass for my room. This was while I was listen to CD'. I found the music to be layed back, but not to much and the base was tight. When I switch to Direct mode, defeating the MCACC, the speakers got very forward, but not in my face and base was a little on the heavy side. Not bloated but heavy. These are my initial observations.

I will post, hopefully soon the response curves that the the MCACC has pick up for my room

Well that's it for now.
Posted By: freesey Re: My order has come in! - 05/18/05 06:27 PM
I think my record on the 401 is 170km/h for ten minutes - thats the maximum I could get out of my little 1.8 L engine
Posted By: Amie Re: My order has come in! - 05/18/05 06:30 PM
Oh man, nothing worse than the feeling when you're doing that speed and happen to glance in your rearview mirror . . . and see company . . . That's excellent speed on the 407, BTW!
Posted By: JohnnyZee Re: My order has come in! - 05/18/05 06:35 PM
It's too easy to go fast on the 407. Just following traffic gets you up to speed.
Posted By: PaulM Re: My order has come in! - 05/18/05 06:51 PM
I'm heading back to T.O. this summer for a couple weeks to see the family and show off my relatively new family. I'll have to give the 407 a try just for the fun of going real fast with impunity. Is the 401 still a perpetual logjam like 10 years ago?
Posted By: JohnnyZee Re: My order has come in! - 05/18/05 06:58 PM
401 is hell, even on the weekend. The only thing about the 407, on off peak hours you have to watch your speed, there is hardly anyone on it, and if your going fast you stick out like sore thumb.

I was rushing to plug in my speakers, so really on this board speeding is encouraged.
Posted By: Amie Re: My order has come in! - 05/18/05 08:26 PM
And now that you mention it, I feel confident that the worst drivers in Canada drive the 401 from Toronto to the US border. I've never seen anything like it! People with no idea why there are three lanes and how much room it takes an 18 wheeler to stop when you cut it off . . . That's why I love the north! Except when the deer hit you, of course . . .
Posted By: bridgman Re: My order has come in! - 05/19/05 12:05 AM
>>Except when the deer hit you, of course . . .

Geez, how slow is your car ?
© Axiom Message Boards