Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ndtiger What color? - 05/25/05 02:37 PM
What are some of your favorite colors for painting the inside of your Home Theatre? Do you recomend light or dark colors?

My room size will be 22' X 28'.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: What color? - 05/25/05 03:02 PM
i think darker tones work best. help to cut down on glare, and just help to create a 'movie theater' atmosphere.

i have seen many HT's in dark browns, dark blues, and dark ruby reds. just find one you, er your wife, likes...

bigjohn
Posted By: nickbuol Re: What color? - 05/25/05 03:03 PM
Obvious answer would be darker colors. Makes the video "pop" more and your eyes focus on the screen and not the room.

Good line of thought is to picture a movie theater. It is dark with dark colors.

I've seen a lot of black and dark grey, but those were in dedicated theaters. (Except for Sirquack's.) If you are using this as a multipurpose area, you will probably want some color.

Dark blues and reds (maroon, etc) are popular, as are the occasional green and purple.

A lot of it comes down to pursonal choice.

Flat paint is better to keep light reflection down, but of course is harder to clean up than a semi-gloss, so if you have kids that will be in the area, that might be a factor.

Hope that this gets you started.

Posted By: nickbuol Re: What color? - 05/25/05 03:05 PM
Hey BigJohn, we must have been typing at the same time. You happened to submit before me though...
Posted By: bigjohn Re: What color? - 05/25/05 03:07 PM
Hey nick, we must have been typing at the same time. I happened to submit before you though

bigjohn
Posted By: SirQuack Re: What color? - 05/25/05 03:14 PM
For using a front projector, which is the only way to go, you do want a darker environment. I'm painting my back wall with Dutch Boy "Black Leather" paint, and the side walls and ceiling are going to be a darker blue color. Darker colors will help improve your perceived contrast on front projection. If you getting a plasma, DLP, or other large tv's, they should have good contrast ratings, but darker walls won't hurt.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: What color? - 05/25/05 03:20 PM
BigJohn and Sirquack...

Looks like none of us are working today!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: What color? - 05/25/05 03:22 PM
I'm at work, but finding it hard to work, trying to decide if I want to go down to the Kaleidescope at the Hub and get General Tso Chicken

Of course Nick, the others have no freaking idea what the Hub is
Posted By: nickbuol Re: What color? - 05/25/05 03:30 PM
We're having chicken cheddar wraps or french dip in our cafe, otherwise I would have to walk over to the hub for lunch and meet you finally...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: What color? - 05/25/05 03:32 PM
Sounds like a plan, just let me know whenever and I'll meet ya down there, funny thing is that I know what you look like as i saw you hiding in the background of one of your website pictures

porter.randy@xxxxxxxxx.com

you can fill in the xxxxx's as you know where I work
Posted By: nickbuol Re: What color? - 05/25/05 09:58 PM
Yeah. Nice picture, huh? That was some Saturday monring with me in some FINE looking clothes I use for painting, and I hadn't taken a shower.

Oh well...

Enough of the hijacking of this thread. My appologies to ndtiger...

© Axiom Message Boards