Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mikei M60 to RF7 Comparison - 06/06/05 02:03 AM
Do the M60 and Epic 60 package compare to the reference 7 series from Klipsch???

Just wondering.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M60 to RF7 Comparison - 06/06/05 03:56 AM
Hi Mike,

There is a lot of threads in the past on Klipsch comparisons, you might try searching

Anyway, personally I have listened to 60's and the 7 floorstanding, and favored the Axiom's. I also favored my 60's over NHT and B&W 700 series. In regards to Klipsch, a horn has a different sound than a tweeter. I think the Axiom is more detailed and accurate sounding. The Klipsch just has its own sound.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: M60 to RF7 Comparison - 06/06/05 04:01 AM
If you like the "horn tweeter", there's no sound quite like the RF7 except other "horn" speakers. When I auditioned them I though they had a good soundstage for music but not the sound I was looking for in HT.
I think the 60's do not color the sound like Klipsch. I was impressed with the 60's sound quality and range, but in the end I upgraded to M80ti's for what I think is a "fuller" sound. Not necessarily louder, but more mids and highs.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: M60 to RF7 Comparison - 06/06/05 04:41 PM
The RF7s are huge monsters. Nice looking, good bass and very sensitive. I liked them, but just couldn't live with that squawking horn tweeter. You sure can get a good deal on them right now, though.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: M60 to RF7 Comparison - 06/08/05 12:11 AM
I find the Klipsch RF7's to be bright for my ears. I like my M60s though. They seem to have a great balance between clarity and brightness.
© Axiom Message Boards