Axiom Home Page
Posted By: freesey D-box (David 302) Subwoofer w/ Axiom - 06/19/02 11:28 AM
I wondering if anyone has tried a David 302 Subwoofer in combination with Axiom speakers; a friend has one and it crushes anything nearby - I figured it would be a good match pricewise (about 300$ @ costco); Basically I was wondering if anyone knew if it sounded harsh or drowned out anything...
Posted By: chesseroo Re: D-box (David 302) Subwoofer w/ Axiom - 06/19/02 02:27 PM
If i ever buy an electronics product from Costco that cost more than twenty bucks, shoot me.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: D-box (David 302) Subwoofer w/ Axiom - 06/19/02 02:35 PM
An ADDENDUM:

My previous post was not knocking the sub. I haven't heard it. I just don't like Costco (personal issues).
Posted By: fhw Re: D-box (David 302) Subwoofer w/ Axiom - 06/19/02 03:43 PM
If you're looking for real budget subs, I would actually suggest having a listen to Cerwin-Vega. As mediocre as their towers are with decent music, they are a company that prides themselves on neighbor-annoying bass.

If you're strictly looking for home theater slam, audition a C-V sub from the local mass retailer (Future Shop, Best Buy, etc.) For musicality, there are a LOT of manufacturers with good subs in the 400-500 range...you'll find forking over the extra few dollars can go a long way.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: D-box (David 302) Subwoofer w/ Axiom - 06/19/02 04:16 PM
I try to think of my system in this way: it is only as good as your weakest link.
Buy a feeble made component of any kind and assuming your system is good quality and you have a decent ear, you will notice the performance inadequacies.

I could never bring myself to buy a $3000 speaker set with $1500 receiver only to spend $200 on a sub or fifty bucks on a cd player.
It just doesn't make sense. Unless of course those components happen to be the world's most amazing bargain products...ever created.
Posted By: freesey Re: D-box (David 302) Subwoofer w/ Axiom - 06/19/02 10:01 PM
ROFL - Bad experience there in a previous life? Or perhaps this one !
Posted By: freesey Re: D-box (David 302) Subwoofer w/ Axiom - 06/19/02 10:03 PM
Thanks fhw - I thought CV would be hella expensive like Velodyne or Energy
Freesey:

I don't believe anyone above has said that they have tried the D-Box sub and found it to be inferior. I think there is a good chance they simply have a problem with the idea of finding a quality piece of audio gear at Costco.

I am a bit skeptical myself, but I think that before you completely abandon your original idea, you might want to give the D-Box sub a try. I believe Costco has a fairly liberal return policy - ask them the next time you are there.

Just my two cents worth,
Posted By: freesey Re: D-box (David 302) Subwoofer w/ Axiom - 06/20/02 04:33 AM
lol good idea - thanks
© Axiom Message Boards