Axiom Home Page
Good Morning,

I have been doing some searches and I haven't been able to find any posts that cover this topic. I am about to have a front projector installed in my basement and I am going to need a stand for my center speaker.

I have a 7 foot ceiling in my basement and the screen I am getting is going to come down 55 ". That includes the masking around it as well. My center channel is only 7.5 inches tall. Should I have the center channel off the ground as high as I can without it getting in the way of the screen? I have about 21 inches of free space after I subtract the screen and the center channel. If I go with an 18 inch center channel stand, would I be okay with only 3 inches between the screen and the center channel?

I have only been able to find stands that measure 8, 12, and 18...

Any suggestions?
Is your screen against the wall or out from it? Can you put the center behind the screen? That is, if your screen is accoutically transparent. If not, get it as close as you can. Angle it up if necessary.
As bugbitten says, get it as close to the screen (top or bottom) as you can. I use the FMB and placed my centre channel just above the screen and angled it down towards the listening position.

Paul
© Axiom Message Boards