Axiom Home Page
Posted By: NeverHappy Time for a change................ - 07/15/05 02:21 AM
For some reason I have had the urge to try something new again. So this time around I'm back to speakers, I'm going to set my beloved Monitor Audio's to the side and over the next few weeks, I'm going to try out some Rockets. I have tried a lot of speakers including almost everything Axiom sells but never Rockets............so I figure I should take care of that!

On order so far is the RSC200 Center Channel. I have heard a lot about it so I figured I would try it out first before I spend the big bucks on any towers.

I'm sure everyone from here has seen it but I will post some pics when it gets here!

To be honest, I have no idea what I'm in for as I have never heard it but with the reputation the RSC200 has, it peaked my curiosity a long time ago and it's time to scratch the itch.

I have also decided that if I don't for whatever reason like the Rockets, I'm finally going to try the M60's and see what all the fuss is about!

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Time for a change................ - 07/15/05 03:16 AM
Ooooo.....that's the Sasquatch speaker.....

That's a nice lookin unit!!!

This is gonna be some wild comparro
Posted By: michael_d Re: Time for a change................ - 07/15/05 03:31 AM
Uh-Oh.....

You said the "R" word. You're in trouble now.....

It's been a pleasure to know ya dude.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Time for a change................ - 07/15/05 03:39 AM
Yeah,....I know.....I.. uh,...like my M50s, so that makes me sort of an outsider already
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Time for a change................ - 07/15/05 03:39 AM
lol It's all good!

I don't think the "R" word will bug anyone here anymore then any other brand of speaker.
Posted By: TNTguy Re: Time for a change................ - 07/15/05 04:48 AM
As always, it will be interesting to hear the results. Which "R" speaker were you going to go with?
Posted By: Newf Re: Time for a change................ - 07/16/05 12:02 AM
I looked at the rockets, but being in Canada it just wasn't worth my while to ship them here. They have a gorgeous finish. When I was on their forum ages ago asking about speakers, I mentioned the type of sound I liked. To my amazement, i had rocket owners saying to not get the rockets and try Axiom's. So here i am.

That center is a beast though. interested to see what u have to say about it.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Time for a change................ - 07/16/05 01:05 AM
A beast indeed

"To be or not to be"(sorta)full-range, that "Is" the question.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Time for a change................ - 07/16/05 02:01 AM
Speaking of which; "Is" that the question? More or less full-range, that is?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Time for a change................ - 07/16/05 02:34 AM
Specs say down to 50Hz. . .

Pretty good for a center channel. Looks like it's ported in the back.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Time for a change................ - 07/21/05 12:53 AM
Jeeeez, well it's here. Beast isn't the right word. That is a Monitor Audio Silver 10i sitting in front of it to show scale.

Posted By: bridgman Re: Time for a change................ - 07/21/05 12:54 AM
Oh my. Looks like a stubby M60. EDIT - no, bigger than that. Geez, how does it sound ?
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Time for a change................ - 07/21/05 01:02 AM

Posted By: warfer21 Re: Time for a change................ - 07/21/05 01:26 AM
yes!!! how does it sound?

That is huge!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Time for a change................ - 07/21/05 01:48 AM
Now THAT is a center channel!!

Don't know how it sounds, but it sure LOOKS impressive!!!
Posted By: darren700 Re: Time for a change................ - 07/21/05 01:56 AM
wow thats awesome...i wish the vp150 was full range like that...
Posted By: Ajax Re: Time for a change................ - 07/21/05 02:32 AM
Talk about HUGE. Believe it or not, there is an even LARGER center channel in the works.

"Future Products: RSC500 Center Channel Speaker
Preliminary info...

RSC500

FOUR 5.25" mid-bass couplers...

1 X 4" midrange...

1 X Vifa XT Ring Radiator Tweeter

2 X 8" (very custom) woofers (isobarik loaded, down firing on a "shaped platform base")... with a 350 watt beast driving them...
(TWO POWERED 8" WOOFERS? HOW INSANE IS THAT?)

One VERY interesting XO for the system above 80Hz...

Roughly... $1195... with trades allowed...
"

If, and when, this beast sees the light of day remains to be seen.

Posted By: bridgman Re: Time for a change................ - 07/21/05 02:56 AM
Oh look.. two woofs, a mid and a tweet... it IS an M60.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Time for a change................ - 07/21/05 04:36 AM
I have yet to really push it but so far it sounds just fine and dandy. It's taking me a bit to get use to it. A center that actually pushes bass, who would have thunk! Unreal the amount of air this thing moves.

My wife was freaking out over the size but that only lasted until I pulled the grill off. Then her view changed to and I quote "That is the nicest looking speaker you have ever brought into the house"

I should also mention that it's a 4ohm speaker and the Pioneer 1015 that is currently running it, is having no problems of any kind!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Time for a change................ - 07/21/05 11:19 AM
Yup, lots of folks in places other than here, are of the opinion that the center "should" be full-range; bass and all! That a properly designed center won't sacrifice dialog simply because it's also producing other frequencies equally important to the material being presented.

I'm one of those hoping that Axiom will hop on the "bigger IS better" bandwagon. I'm very happy with my near-full M3 as center, but "upgraditus" could sure take hold if a new, larger center emerged at the 25th
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Time for a change................ - 07/21/05 03:09 PM
Back when I had my Klipsch towers, the matching center channel weighed in at 40 lbs. Before I decided to change speakers, I thought of different ways to mount that center channel behemoth either above or below the tv. As much as I'd like to have a full range center channel--which in all likelyhood will be a huge cabinet--I can't fit it into my space.

Also, it seems most center channels are sealed rather than ported, because most are tucked into entertainment cabinets and most people would get wonky bass response with ported designs.

I don't think the average person would want a giant box like that. But then, we don't represent the average HT consumer, and likely, those that order from AV123 are not the norm either. We go to great lengths to achieve audio bliss, even if that means rearranging the living room to make room for that one speaker .

If I had my way, I'd want a fully capable center, and that Onix sure does look nice. Or I would go the way of Tharkun, and get an exact matching floorstander.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Time for a change................ - 07/22/05 01:17 AM
I think matching floorstanders is the way to go. I get the ominous feeling while lusting after these centers that to get one may be BAD!!!

I mean, after all; wouldn't it be an unfortunate thing to end up with a center that goes lower than your mains!!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Time for a change................ - 07/22/05 01:34 AM
Yes. Conceivably, you could have the "Bigfoot" center that could dwarf some bookshelf mains. It would certainly be an odd looking set-up. Fun, though.

© Axiom Message Boards