Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous Axiom Vs. Rocket Vs. Paradigm - 07/24/05 02:55 AM
Hey guys Im hoping someone here has heard all of these speakers nut Im currently looking for a 5.1 setup from one of these companies.

I will get the appropriate center/rears but my fronts will be as follows...

Axiom - M80ti
Rocket - RS750
Paradigm - Studio 100 v3

If anyone has heard any combination fo these I would like to know which you thought to be a better all around speaker.

Posted By: thyname Re: Axiom Vs. Rocket Vs. Paradigm - 07/24/05 02:57 AM
There have been lots of comparisons between those three speakers in this forum. Make a search with key words "paradigm" and "rocket" and see what will come up.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Vs. Rocket Vs. Paradigm - 07/24/05 03:12 AM
Are you able to drive 4ohm loudspeakers?

Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Vs. Rocket Vs. Paradigm - 07/24/05 03:33 AM
I'm not going to be that much help because my experience is only with the Axiom M60s and the Rocket 850s. I have no experience whatsoever with Paradigms. But, I'll pass along what I have heard on this, and other, forums. I just want to make it clear that most of what I have to say is based on hearsay. Craigsub, I believe, has heard all 3 speakers. Maybe he'll put in his two cents.

Based on what I've read here, and according to Axiom's designer, the M80s and M60s sound very much alike, with the M80s able to reach a few Hz deeper in frequency response, and able to play louder, thus being suitable for larger rooms.

The Rocket 750s are alleged to be the most laid back of the Rocket line. The 850s and 550s are alleged to be a bit more forward. If what I hear about these differences is accurate, the 750s and M80s are likely to sound quite different.

While I find the M60s and 850s do sound a little different, I don;t feel the difference is huge. They are both accurate, revealing speakers, with the M60s being a little more forward than the 850s. Each has it's positives and negatives. Both sound good to me, and I could be happy with either.

I know this isn't that much help, but I didn't want it to appear we were ignoring you.

Posted By: craigsub Re: Axiom Vs. Rocket Vs. Paradigm - 07/24/05 03:39 AM
Zach - If you are ever near Erie, Pa., stop by. We can fire up the Paradigms, M80's , and maybe some Rockets, too.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Axiom Vs. Rocket Vs. Paradigm - 07/24/05 05:54 AM
I'm not sure if this will help or not but I have had most of the speakers you have listed from the Axiom M80's to the Paradigm Reference 100's and I honestly think it comes down to what you prefer. All of these speakers to me at least are vastly different in terms of what they do, and how they do it. I have never owned the Rockets but actually have a pair of MK550's coming. After doing a lot of research and talking to current and past owners of the 750's, the sound they produce would not be to my liking so I went with the 550's. I'm fairly sure that they won't sound anything at all like the Axiom M80's for example of the Paradigm Reference 100's.

With that being said they are all good lines that excel in different areas. If you can, try and hear them all. Some here will disagree with this but if you like bass and again this is only between the M80's and the 100's, get the 100's. Hands down to this day it pushed the most bass of any free standing non powered tower I have owned. The M80's have great bass also, but the Paradigms are at a different level.......but if you prefer accurate more forward sound, the M80's are the way to go as to me at least, they are far more forward then the Paradigms.

At the end of the day it comes down to what type of sound you prefer. Each of the speakers you have listed will bring it's own strengths to the table. I ended up getting rid of the 100's and the M80's and I'm looking for something that falls somewhere in the middle of those two. Monitor Audio is as close as I have come to date.......but the Rockets are just so purity, I had to try em!
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Axiom Vs. Rocket Vs. Paradigm - 07/25/05 03:24 PM
Some of you guys must make money hand over fist....

You always seem to have money to burn...or at least purchase more speakers...(and amps, and DVD players, and...)

WhatFurrer
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Axiom Vs. Rocket Vs. Paradigm - 07/25/05 04:33 PM
Nah, it's all in how you buy. I have a good contact here with Paradigm so I don't pay much more then wholesale. When it came time to sell them, I actually broke even as a result of the high demand in the US for them and the higher retail selling price in the US.

With my Axiom's, I recovered most of my intial cost and after about 4 or 5 months of use, I think I was out about $140.00 at the end of the day and most of that was a result of tax that I had paid.

I buy low so that I don't lose my shirt when it comes time to sell. I kid you not, I break even on about 95% of the stuff I go through. I don't try and make any money, just cover costs.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Vs. Rocket Vs. Paradigm - 07/25/05 05:29 PM
Lemme tell you, ever since I started selling Afghani Opium my pocketbook has become an endless flow of cash. I highly recommend it. Not using it -- I'd never touch the stuff -- just supplying it.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Axiom Vs. Rocket Vs. Paradigm - 07/25/05 05:30 PM
"don't get high on your own supply" -The Dopeman
© Axiom Message Boards