Axiom Home Page
Posted By: darren700 AHHH.... Radioshack SPL = No More? - 07/26/05 06:15 PM
ok, i just bought DVE the over day, and i went to "the source" to buy my self the analog spl meter, and he says they dont carry it. wtf? is that cause its radioshack brand and radioshack was bought out by circuit city? anyways where could i go about getting one of these now? maybe ill ask my uncle to check out of the stores in the states......ahh nightmare
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: AHHH.... Radioshack SPL = No More? - 07/26/05 06:29 PM
Darren,
I am faced with the same problem. Should have bought one months ago when they were still rat shack! Radio Shack in the U.S. still carry the spl meters according to their website. Anyhow, I am going to get my sis-in-law in California to buy me one and mail it to me. Good luck...
Posted By: EddyZ Re: AHHH.... Radioshack SPL = No More? - 07/26/05 06:59 PM
I believe you can purchase one through SVS if you can't locate one otherwise.......
Posted By: darren700 Re: AHHH.... Radioshack SPL = No More? - 07/26/05 07:11 PM
ya, i guess ill have to get into contact with my uncle...
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: AHHH.... Radioshack SPL = No More? - 07/26/05 08:17 PM
Thanks Eddy. Good option......
Posted By: SirQuack Re: AHHH.... Radioshack SPL = No More? - 07/26/05 08:55 PM
I just purchased one recently in the states with no problem, they came out with an improved analog version not that long ago.
Posted By: koiman Re: AHHH.... Radioshack SPL = No More? - 07/26/05 09:09 PM
Go to radioshack.com and put in (spl meter) in the search line and they have both analog and digatal.
Posted By: shaned Re: AHHH.... Radioshack SPL = No More? - 07/27/05 12:29 AM
Exact same thing happened to me last week. I had heard people on the board talk so much about db's, I was getting curious. I dropped by the Source (ex Radio Shack in Canada), and the guy had no idea what I was talking about. He even checked "SPL" on the computer and found nothing.

Shane D
Posted By: pmbuko Re: AHHH.... Radioshack SPL = No More? - 07/27/05 12:36 AM
Print out this page from the Radio Shack website and bring it with you next time to show them how clueless they are.
Posted By: shaned Re: AHHH.... Radioshack SPL = No More? - 07/27/05 01:48 AM
Thank you! I did.

Shane D
Posted By: snakeyes Re: AHHH.... Radioshack SPL = No More? - 07/27/05 12:22 PM
got mine from radioshack.com
analog meter
digital meter
© Axiom Message Boards