Axiom Home Page
Posted By: lawsab Center speaker placement on a DLP - 08/02/05 08:28 PM
I have no clue how to set up my center channel (VP150). I cant rest it on top of the TV, I cant put it under the TV in my TV stand because my A/V equipment is there. I have reservations about hanging it on the wall.

What have you guys done for placement of your center speaker?
Posted By: donjuanmiguel Re: Center speaker placement on a DLP - 08/02/05 08:53 PM
Placemement is kinda limited for the center channel. At first I had it sitting on top of my LCD TV until one night it decided to take a dive. Next I placed it on the TV stand just in front of the tv but when I purchased a new lcd it interfered with the IR. That was a bummer. Now I think I have found a permanent placement. I purchased the wall mount from Axiom, took out the light fixture for the entertainment center bridge, and hung the mount and speaker through the hole. Looks cool now and I don't have to worry about it taking a dive, interferring with the remote signal, or kids poking at it.

Posted By: bridgman Re: Center speaker placement on a DLP - 08/02/05 09:40 PM
Mark (S Johnson) made a real nice stand for his center channel that bends up and around the TV and holds the center channel just over the top of the TV. Very nice...
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Center speaker placement on a DLP - 08/02/05 10:00 PM
what dlp tv do you have?
i bought a center channel stand im not sure the name off the top of my head. but its pretty nice but still needed modification which was very easy.oh i found it shelf this is not where i bought it from though trust me you dont want to buy from where i did. anyway if you look at the pic you see the legs in the back on my tv toshiba 52hm84 the legs were not long enough. so i had to go to home dep and get some threaded rod the same size and a threaded coupler to make them longer worked out perfect. if i get a chance and can take some pics of mine i will tonight.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Center speaker placement on a DLP - 08/03/05 12:00 AM
I saw a similair item at Ratshack last night.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Center speaker placement on a DLP - 08/03/05 08:28 PM
Yes, I've seen stands at Best Buy or at Crutchfield.com that sit on top of a projection TV. The legs are longer in the back to support it. Good luck.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Center speaker placement on a DLP - 08/04/05 02:06 AM
Yay TiVo! That's a cute pic!
Posted By: dllewel Re: Center speaker placement on a DLP - 08/04/05 07:52 PM
Thanks kcarlile!

My wife and I made the halloween costume for my 1 1/2 year old that year. She's 4 now. Everyone seemed to love the costume, it was fun.
Posted By: RickF Re: Center speaker placement on a DLP - 08/07/05 11:19 AM
Lawsab, I purchased one of these shelves from Home Depot and mounted it directly above my plasma tv. The tv is is sitting atop a table and the shelve's front edge matches perfectly with the top outermost edge of the tv, I used small velcro circles under the front bottom edge of the center channel/shelve and stuck something or other underneith the back of the center so it would be facing directly towards the listener's position. Works great and looks good as well!
© Axiom Message Boards