Axiom Home Page
Posted By: darren700 calibrated my system - 08/23/05 11:14 PM
finally got my radioshack spl meter yesterday (my mom was in the states and picked it up for me...damn source not carring it) and i got my system calibrated, i was actually pretty close when i did it by ear before, only 2 or 3db off. i must say though, music is so much better now that my sub is finally at the right level, i no longer feel overpowered by bass, havent had a chance to watch a movie yet though. now i want a receiver that can remember the levels for each input...damn yamaha and universal setting, so i guess for now ill just have to change the levels of my sub for whether im listening trough my computer or my dvd player (computer = -7gb on sub, dvd player = -16db) it was well worth the purchase, im just not too impressed with the digital video essentials disk i bought, not enough test tones...but i couldnt find avia locally so i was stuck...:D
Posted By: pizoni Re: calibrated my system - 08/24/05 02:41 AM
Hi!
Harman Kardon (in my case,7300)has individual settings for every input.
Regards,
Octavian
Posted By: BrenR Re: calibrated my system - 08/24/05 07:09 AM
The Source
"You've Got Questions... We've Got Blank Stares"

Bren R.
Posted By: dllewel Re: calibrated my system - 08/24/05 03:46 PM
Good going Darren. The radio shack meter is a great tool to have.
Posted By: darren700 Re: calibrated my system - 08/24/05 10:02 PM
lol, thats great bren, when i went to the source the guy had no idea what it was i was looking for, after explaining what it was and that it was a radioshack brand he claimed "oh its probably being rebranded right now"...
Posted By: BrenR Re: calibrated my system - 08/24/05 11:00 PM
Another favorite RadShack moment was when they used to ask all the personal information from you on a cash transaction..

"Last name?"
'Salé... like the figure skater...'
"First name?"
'Cash, as in Johnny...'
Then they'd proceed to print out my receipt that said "Cash Sale"

Bren R.
Posted By: bridgman Re: calibrated my system - 08/25/05 12:49 AM
Yeah, they took my address and postal code for 25 years and never sent me a thing ;(
Posted By: BrenR Re: calibrated my system - 08/25/05 05:57 AM
Maybe you were buying the wrong things?

I used to get multiple catalogs, then after I moved, I'd get the two forwarded from my old place PLUS one at my new place... I mean I'm not a huge hippie or anything, but save the trees... do a database merge!

Bren R.
Posted By: bridgman Re: calibrated my system - 08/25/05 11:04 PM
It's possible. Before I moved into this house I used to get deluged with junk catalogs and pseudo-newspapers. Now I live in a house with two fireplaces and all my junk mail has plastic windows... which smell really bad when they burn...
© Axiom Message Boards