Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HAY Quick pic attempt - 09/13/05 05:42 AM
Let's see if this works...

[image]http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gu_hay/detail?.dir=/4521&.dnm=fa4c.jpg&.src=ph[/image]

or

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gu_hay/detail?.dir=/4521&.dnm=fa4c.jpg&.src=ph

I couldn't get that great of a picture in the basement and then I was unsure of where to post my pic...I figured I would try through Yahoo. If anyone knows of a free site I can put up pics, please let me know.

Thanks.
Posted By: hopkinj4 Re: Quick pic attempt - 09/13/05 06:00 AM
I just asked that same question on another posting... richeydog said most of the forum members use photobucket.

www.PhotoBucket.com
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Quick pic attempt - 09/13/05 06:02 AM
http://www.imageshack.us/index.php
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Quick pic attempt - 09/13/05 06:03 AM
Great looking set-up HAY. Nice and clean.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Quick pic attempt - 09/13/05 10:51 AM
why did you mount your center channel so high?
Posted By: HAY Re: Quick pic attempt - 09/13/05 11:32 AM
Thanks Minirock.

My basement furniture is something to be desired so I will need to make some changes before I do the rear shot
Posted By: HAY Re: Quick pic attempt - 09/13/05 11:36 AM
"why did you mount your center channel so high?"

Dakkon, a couple reasons... when the basement was being studed I installed 2x4 cross members between the metal studs for mounting speakers. It was kind of tricky to figure placement when nothing was down there.

The second was while I was playing with placement I noticed if I put it higher and pointed it down it would miss the tv... the tv is rather deep.

The last and best reason is for future growth, it allows me the ability to put a larger tv/screen there without having to move the speaker
Posted By: dakkon Re: Quick pic attempt - 09/14/05 10:47 AM
forget the whole tv idea, get a projector, and an acoustically transparent screen... i have a 180" screen defiantly the way to go in a basement... you can completely control the lighting condition. Just looked kinda weard when you look at the picture. As you know I’m sure.

Posted By: HAY Re: Quick pic attempt *Update* - 06/17/07 03:31 AM
Allright, now that I got my Vassallo Series M3's v2 to replace my old 7.1 rear channels I figured I would post a couple new pics.

If anyone remebers, you can follow the old link, I've also removed my wall hanging center to relocate it to below the screen. I like it much better here, but I need to finish the custom stand I'm making out of my scrap hardwood flooring.

Let me know what you think...

Entering the bassment, like the centre stand/ramp? At least the Fireplace matches the Boston Cherry!!

Front..ignore the stand in progress

Rear

Rear 2, after a couple beers it was in focus

New Vassallo's

New Vassallo close up before mounting... not like that Sirquak!!

Equipment, 1 dead HDTV box/DVR and don't be jealous a $29 CDN DVD player!!

Posted By: JohnK Re: Quick pic attempt *Update* - 06/17/07 04:19 AM
All very nice, Graeme. That center speaker mount appears to be acoustically ideal as is, and that $29 player appears to be the one that I heard "blows away" a certain $5,000 "high-end" unit, exhibiting a "huge", "night and day" difference.
Posted By: HAY Re: Quick pic attempt *Update* - 06/21/07 01:57 AM
Thanks JohnK, do you have an article on that DVD shootout?

I doubt mine is the one you're referring to but it's allright and plays any CD/DVD format. I researched my previous DVD player (Panasonic RP62) so that I would have the faroudja chip but it's very finicky when it comes to anything other than standard DVD’s.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Quick pic attempt *Update* - 06/21/07 02:30 AM
Graeme, I think that I just "heard" of that in my sarcastic imagination, created by some reports that I've read about magic CD players that provide sound results that players have nothing to do with.
Posted By: CV Re: Quick pic attempt *Update* - 06/21/07 03:59 AM
Don't hate the player. Hate the game.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Quick pic attempt *Update* - 06/21/07 05:01 AM
Quote:

Don't hate the player. Hate the game

Oh, are we talking about the NBA now, then?
© Axiom Message Boards