Axiom Home Page
Posted By: twopecker Home Theater Pics - 10/03/05 04:27 PM
I have to wait a couple months to buy the carpet...need to save up a little cash.

I couldnt wait that long though so I went ahead and install my home theater stuff downstairs. Here are a couple pics:

Posted By: dllewel Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/03/05 07:47 PM
Looks nice, I'm can understand the excitement. I like how the screen retracts into the wall soffit. The carpet will greatly enhance the sound of the room with the Axioms, and be soft on the toes.

Enjoy the theater!
Posted By: willso7 Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/03/05 08:14 PM
nice, how do you like your m22 ! before you buy it,do you have another choice or not. but im pretty shore that you love it !
Posted By: twopecker Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/03/05 09:01 PM
I've had the entire setup for well over a year. I bought a house with no room for it about a year ago. All my home theater stuff has been hiding in the attic for over a year, waiting for it to get done.

So I was very pleased w/ the axiom setup while it was in use. it sounds HORRIBLE in the basement right now with no carpet...nothing 4 beers didnt cure though.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/03/05 09:24 PM
Why dont' you toss down a couple of cheap area rugs, or an old blanket or two on the ground? That should help with the hard, cold concrete floor a little, and soften up the room some.

Nice looking space, though.

ps - what movie? Is that Fifth Element?
Posted By: hopkinj4 Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/03/05 10:05 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like Spiderman 2.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/03/05 10:21 PM
Yeah, definitely not Fifth Element since you can see a Cingular ad in the upper-left corner.
Posted By: bray Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/03/05 11:22 PM
"Robots" maybe.?
Posted By: twopecker Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/04/05 02:13 AM
Spiderman 1 actually...scene where the Green Goblin flies through the parade.

It's so hard to get a good picture w/ no flash on my digital camera (its an old 2mp). If you turn the flash off, the shutter stays open for an eternity.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/04/05 02:36 AM
In reply to:

It's so hard to get a good picture w/ no flash on my digital camera (its an old 2mp). If you turn the flash off, the shutter stays open for an eternity.

If you don't have a tripod, a stack of books on a chair can be quite helpful in that situation.
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/04/05 05:38 AM
SWEET! Lookin good TP. Any pics of the back? How big is the room (cubic ft.)? Regarding the floor, I agree with Cap; a couple of throws should work for the time being.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/04/05 04:48 PM
Did you pause the image to take the photo? Maybe you did, I realize that blur could either be from the fast motion of the movie or your shutter delay with the flash off.

Pausing the image is what most do for screenshots.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/04/05 08:31 PM
Yeah - now go try again and give us some more screen shots. And do a lot of them this time...I love looking at the pictures - all the words on this board make my eyes go glossy sometimes.

p.s. - I want a front projector sometime in my life....wah
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/04/05 10:17 PM
Looks nice! I want to get a projector some time in the near future.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/05/05 05:05 AM
what projector do you have?
Posted By: twopecker Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/05/05 10:24 AM
D'oh! Forgot to pause it...good call!

The project is a Boxlight 1HD...had it about 2 yrs now, quite the fun little toy.

Hopefully I'll get some more pics sometime soon. Batteries actually died on me after I took those, and havent had time to get anymore yet.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/06/05 12:02 AM

A good 4 years on PJ's myself. I can't see myself going any other way.

http://www.quadloft.com/h30/mmini-IMG_2080.htm
Posted By: twopecker Re: Home Theater Pics - 10/09/05 11:30 AM
Alright, finally got some more pics. What do ya'll think of the carpet in the last couple? I can pick it up for $5/yd from someone who bought it and didnt end up using it...not sure it matches though.

© Axiom Message Boards