Axiom Home Page
Posted By: canuck76 Connecting two subs - 10/19/05 02:26 PM
Perhaps this is a dumb question and the answer is obvious...but..Can someone tell me how to connect two subs to a receiver. My receiver only has one SUB output so is this still possible?

thanks.
Posted By: RickF Re: Connecting two subs - 10/19/05 02:36 PM
Canuck, a 'Y' splitter will do the trick and can be picked up most anywhere.

Posted By: canuck76 Re: Connecting two subs - 10/19/05 02:57 PM
Great thanks Rick. I appreciate the prompt reply!
Posted By: BlueStater Re: Connecting two subs - 10/19/05 04:38 PM
Some subs also have a pass through so you can "daisy chain" more subs. Look for a "line out." I think all of the Axiom subs have a line out.
Posted By: BlueStater Re: Connecting two subs - 10/19/05 05:39 PM
Oops, let me clarify. You would need to be running the crossover on your receiver, not the sub. Otherwise, the line out would be stripped of low-end information. I think most people use the receiver crossover anyway. So you need a sub that allows you to turn the crossover off as opposed to some where you turn the crossover control on the sub to it's highest setting. Or just get a Y-cable before our collective brains start leaking out of our skulls.
Posted By: Jinx Re: Connecting two subs - 10/21/05 04:06 AM
i have seen 3 subs connected this way. using a splitter. i currently have 2 15" def tech subs...and 2 is MUCH better than 1!!!
Posted By: canuck76 Re: Connecting two subs - 10/21/05 05:39 PM
Thanks for all the input. I'll try a splitter. I just recently bought a new sub (HSU STF-2) because my polk audio PSW202's lack of depth and clarity was starting to annoy me!(but it works perfectly). So I wondered if using both of them would enhance the experience even more or just kill the HSU's clarity. The HSU clearly outpowers and out performs the Polk...but I'll see what comes of it. Thanks again.
© Axiom Message Boards